Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    derbypub Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Nov 2008

Default Received A Letter From Welcome Offering To Give Refund ??

Hi all.

Not been on here for quite a while but I am really stumped with this.

Between 1995 and 2000 we had 4 loans from Welcome
    3 paid off but one we defaulted on

because of all the force tactics and extortionate charges for phone callsicon and letters I just stopped paying,
    I know it was wrong but thought " sod them they have had enough from me "
    I did make a successful claim for PPIicon and got paid out, great i thought.

Just received a lettericon from them today stating irrecords show that I am due a further refund as the original offer did not fully put me back in the position I would have been in if I had never bought PPI in the first place.
    I have moved recently but it states

" we have previously written to you regarding this with a additional offer of compensation which still remains outstanding".

Due to the time that has passed we have recalculated our offer to include additional compensatory interest of 8% per annum and I have enclosed a revised acceptance form for you to sign and return to us.

Our additional offer of compensation is .

It states.

" Our offer of redress will expire six month from the date of the letter, once signed and dated payment will be made within 15 working days."

They are requesting copied proof of identity, bit suspicious of this as it's from WF and could it be a ploy or [problem] for me to recognise the debt I still owe.

Has anyone else had this.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: Received A Letter From Welcome Offering To Give Refund ??

cant after 6yrs..its statute barredicon

so go get that money and enjoy it.

send a ctax bill copy. that should do.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    derbypub Novitiate

Thanks for the advice, really appreciated.

As stated I still owe them money and I think we all know about the underhand tactics of Welcome Financial services and with this in mind would it be possible they are just after me recognising the account, and if there is compensation due then there is a 99% chance they will offset the compensation against what I owe them.

If this does happen my question is :
    Does or will this offset payment be classed as recognising the debt and open a can of worms.

Forgot to mention but put the dates in wrong, we had the loans 2008 - 2012, haven't got a clue where I got them above dates, still over 6 yearsicon though.

Follows
    Following

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

they could offset but it wont reset anything

once barred always barred.

dx

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    derbypub Novitiate

Thanks for the advice and help, I will send it back then and see what happens.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details