Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Mar 2014

Default F1RST Parking windscreen PCN - Royal Holloway University - Car Park 4.

Hi,

It's been a while since I've been on these forums, I used to give advice but I don't know how much has changed in the last few years.

My girlfriend today got a "parking chargeicon Notice". "Reason(s) for issue: Restricted Area". She parked over yellow crosshatches (aka graffiti). She has a permit but there were no spaces. University website advises people to follow the instructions on the "parking chargeicon Notice".

"Amount due: GBP 60.00". (30.00 if within 14 days).

I know she should do nothing and wait for the NTD comes through, which they have 28 days to send.

How enforceable is this? Have they ever taken anyone to court?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: F1RST Parking windscreen PCN - Royal Holloway University - Car Park 4.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

Default Re: F1RST Parking windscreen PCN - Royal Holloway University - Car Park 4.

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement[s]? 03/10/2018

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] NO

Have not appealed and havn't got a NTK (only happened today)

5 Who is the parking company? F1rst Parking LLP

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park? Royal Holloway University - Car Park 4.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Default Re: F1RST Parking windscreen PCN - Royal Holloway University - Car Park 4.

scan up the ntk to one multipage PDFicon please

read uploadicon

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

Default Re: F1RST Parking windscreen PCN - Royal Holloway University - Car Park 4.

There is no NTK. Please find attached NTD.

Attached Files

that's the PCN you indicated she has received a lettericon today..the NTK?

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

Only NTD, I didn't indicate she received a lettericon.

I know she should do nothing and wait for the NTD comes through, which they have 28 days to send.
    (I did mean NTK not NTD)

Have not appealed and havn't got a NTK (only happened today)

ah I understand your comment only happened today now.

ok you await the NTK as per that link states. 29-56 days
    do NOTHING other than p'haps take photos of signs all over
    and viewable from entrance before you enter and location of each on a plan at somepoint.

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

Many thanks!

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

In the meanwhile get her to take some pictures of the signage at the site to see if the so called breach of contract actually has a clause that matches the breach. You woudl be surprised how many parking co's cant even get this right and accuse peopel of doing things that arent mentioned by any contract.

Also the wording should make it clear what is a contractual condition and what is a breach of the terms. They oftne confuse the 2

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

Signs attached.

Unsure if the driver parked on double reds or the cross hatched area. Sign doesn't mention anything about double red lines.

The car park is always full and cars always parked at the end of rows in the 'restricted' areas. Nice money earner for them! Plenty of space for cars to get around even with cars doubled up like that. Nice little earner for them.

Attached Images

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Is she a permit holder? If not them the signs dont apply to her so she cant be in breach of the conditions as they only apply to permit holders and not trespassers.

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    Is she a permit holder? If not them the signs dont apply to her so she cant be in breach of the conditions as they only apply to permit holders and not trespassers.
    That's a good point, however she is a permit holder.

Now universities have strange laws governing what they can and cant do with their land. This is especially important as they dotn own it and usually the charter states that the uni or college must do only things that are fore the promotion of learning or for that benefit. this menas thta hiving off the car park to a third party is in breach of the charter. In my day if you got a parking ticket 400 people would stand under the Rectors office window and chant slogans until it was cancelled as he disruption was costing far more than a piffling 50 or so.

A Student and campus unions dont do this sort of thing any more though, the SU are more interested in snowflakes and the AUT and other staff unions can no longer motivate people to stop the excesses of the college admin.

So she read the colleg charter and then tries to get the SU president interested in making sure that the college obeys it and gets the admin to cancel the charge or risk a challenge to the presence of the parking co.

We still have the lack of planning permission to go with if thsi fails plus anything else that the siting of the signs can yield.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

We'll see what comes through the post (if anything at all). She was awarded a scholarship to the university and so doesn't want to **** them off.

it is a PRIVATE company, any argument she ahs with them is nothing to do with the college BUT she can get the college to order the parking co to cancel.

A scholarship? that means her bills are paid by a dead person or alumnus group and still nothing to do with the college adminicon.

What you are saying to us is that you want us to cure your ills but arent prepared to do anything for yourself other than moan. We area self help group and offer advice, we cant force you or anyone else to act upon it but would prefer it that you say she is just going to pay up if that is the case and we can put our efforts in elsewhere.

I once had our rector banging his fist on the table whilst turning bright red in front of a room of people that included Generals and the leaders of some fo the biggest Uk businesses because I had chucked a spanner in the works of a development scheme by using knowedge of the law and the university charter. Get support from the SU or department and the adminicon people will be told where to go if they try and put pressure on elsewhere so peeing off the paper shufflers should be a badge of honour if they have employed a bunch of bandits when they shouldnt have.

Follows
    Following

Classic Account Holder
    Help the CAG!!
    Make a contribution
    JoeyJoeC Novitiate

Yes I understand fully what you're saying.

I will have to speak with her to see what she wants to do. I know they have nothing to do with it but she may see it differently. Shes away so I haven't discussed it yet.

Will update shortly.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details