F1RST Parking windscreen PCN - Royal Holloway University **WON AT POPLA**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1931 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for all the posts today on this. The NTD includes a 14 day discount, but their NTK doesn't. Shouldn't it be offered to both?

NTK and NTD have same First Parking address, but both are different to the signage. Also the FOI request has yet another address.

Also there is a document on the RH website all about parking. https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/media/2236/traffic-and-car-parking-policymay18final.pdf

Section 5.3 says "Charges recovered by the College will be used to supplement the administration/ upkeep of parking facilities and to support sustainable transport initiatives" however the FOI request shows that they don't make any money from them.

Page 9 says that you will get a warning before getting a PCN, but they don't seem to be issuing them.

no

which has registered address? if not the NTK then it isnt a lawful invoice and they cant enforce (wont stop them trying)

that is the sort of wooly cobblers they like to spout forth so the student union exec fall in behind it.

Also they write such cobblers because if they didnt claim such nonsense they lose massive tax breaks they get for being a charitable/educational establishment. same with hospitals, all just lies to assuage the public

that could make a difference IF it comes to a court claim.

Has your other half asked the colege to cancel on those grounds and point out that there will be bad publicity coming their way if the matter gets to court?

From what you intimated earlier it appears not but you really should go after them, they hate to be embarrassed so that is a great weapon- show them up.

For example they have an economics and business studies depts, did they bother to ask for expert advice when sanctioning the wording on the signage?

If not why have they allowed a bunch of cavemen to write stuff that makes the look as though they dont know thier arse from their elbow.

The truth is the management would never stoop to actually asking an academic anything like this because they look down on the departments as being merely "cost centres" forgetting that it is the depts that bring ALL of the money in ( no students=no money) and they are the financail burden all depts have to bear whether they want to or not.

get someone in the relevant dept involved as a college issue.

Edited by dx100uk
space/spell

The only address on the NTK (appears twice) is 27 Old Gloucester Street, London, WC1N 3AX

The Registered business address is 16 Queen Square, Bristol, BS1 4NT

It just so happens I am dealing with another company that is at the same address as 27 Gloucester Street, and I know it is a mail forwarding address and these companies are not based there.

We've not spoken with the college just yet about the charge, but I have submitted a FOI request, one of the questions I'm asking is:

According to a document found on your website entitled "Traffic and Car Parking Policy" found here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/media/2236/traffic-and-car-parking-policymay18final.pdf, Section 5.3 states "Charges recovered by the College will be used to supplement the administration/ upkeep of parking facilities and to support sustainable transport initiatives". Please can you provide me with the total amount of charges that were recovered by the college and how much was used to supplement the administration and upkeep of the parking facilities?

We'll see what comes back and will use that against them.

look up the reg address of the comapny then rather than wondering aloud what it all menas. If they ahve a written address for service of legal documents it doesnt have to be the company reg address, just a suitable business address. they cnat use somehting random knowing the bailiffs cnat find them there.

look up the reg address of the comapny then rather than wondering aloud what it all menas. If they ahve a written address for service of legal documents it doesnt have to be the company reg address, just a suitable business address. they cnat use somehting random knowing the bailiffs cnat find them there.

I did, it's in the post above... I thought you said the NTK has to be the registered address and it isn't. I'm not wondering anything out loud...

who issues the permits, college or parking co?

reason I ask is that someone will ahve a list of vehicle reg numbers to give them a "whitelist" of cars that should be able to park witout interference. you can bet that the college vice chancellor wont get a £100 demand if his permit fell down

Ok with registered or business address they must show it somewhere so if correct on the sign then that is OK but if not on sign it must be in NTK. Now business address is an address they occupy and can accept the service of documents at. It cant be a PO box number basically if they get it right once then you are not going to win an argument on that front. Gladstones address is on a golf course but they dotn trade form there

Their actual registered address is 16 Queen Square, Bristol, United Kingdom, BS1 4NT according to Companies House today.

The sign says their registered office is 20-22 Bedford Row, London

The NTK has neither address.

then that is an argument to use if she gest sued, that the creditor has not been properly identified ( or they havent properly identified themselves as the creditor) but I would haver some much stronger arguments to go with as well and you have been advised as to where this lies, ie with the signage and the possible lack of rights to make a contract in the first place. anyone can look at the signs so they should be the emphasis.

I asked who issued the PERMITS and you say who issued the tickets which to my mind is different so try again. If FP issue the permits then what is the procedure for applying for one, who has the paperwork, college security? Academic epartment?

please try and think ahead a bit and then we wont have to spend time dragging eevry little detail out if you. Get you GF to post instead as she will know how she applied for the permit. Seeing a blank form would be good if it says who to retunrn it to as well as what you ahve to include on the application. i said about a list of vehicles held by parking co or college, this should ahve prompted something in this regard

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Permits were issued by the university. You apply on the Royal Holloway website and then take documents with you on the welcome week. They then sent the permit in the post, we don't have the original letter, but the permit itself does have "First Parking LLP" on it.

I found a copy of the "Royal Holloway and New Bedford College Act 1985" here: https://www.royalholloway.ac.uk/media/1441/rhbedfordact1985.pdf

I believe this is the College Charter? I'm having a read through now but I'm not sure I understand much of it!

Ok so have read through the Act and section 4 part 5 says

(5) Subject to consultation with the University, the College may enter into any agreement or arrangement on such terms and conditions as the Council thinks fit with any other college or any national or local authority, school, institution, association or other body whatsoever (whether incorporated or not) for co-operating with or assisting or being assisted by such body in any manner and for any purpose which is consistent with the objects of the College and approved by the Council.

Well we've just spent the afternoon going through all of their meeting minutes going back to 2009 and there is no mention of car parking or First Parking other than some money being spent on one of the car parks to renovate. They signed the agreement with First Parking LLP in Oct 2014.

Looks like they've not followed the Act and didn't get approval from the Council (unless done before 2009). Another FOI request should clear that up. Slight chance that another board has discussed this but the council will still have to agree.

Even then, they will need to explain in accordance of the act how it assists them with the objects of the college.

no, that is the union between RH and Bedford College.

You need to go back another 100 years to find the charter. anyways, you have misunderstood the emanding of that clause, that is about joing with another college in the future, not employing Hitler's great nephew to run the car park.

The info is in the public domian, stop wasting time and effort on FOI requests, just ask them in plain english where it is in the public domain.

they can refuse to answer a FOI request where the info is already available.

All of this is secondary, ther signage etc isnt so put your efforst into what is most productive.

You havent asked the council about planning permission for the signs yet.

I was at uni in central London any mention of new signs to the local council would have the residents in the £100m properties have a fit so never would get approval. So you have that plus the historic building listing to consider. Historic England has an absolute bucket load of separate listings of grade 2 or above so get reading and then yu will know where to go to take more piccies to see if there are signs that blot that copybook.

Do not tell anyone about what you find out at this stage, your other half hasnt even got as far as receiving a threatogram yet so store up all of this knowledge and evidence. If you can show criminality then there is no contract eevn if you want to be bound by one.

Asking or telling about this may well get the authorities puckering their bum cheeks and phoning HE and asking for retrospective permission and that complcates things

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Any other requests to the college go ignored. The people behind the FOI requests are helpful and fast responding.

No, not in the future, they already joined. "Since 1985 called Royal Holloway and Bedford New College. Now governed by Royal Holloway and Bedford New College Act 1985" (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_organisations_with_a_British_royal_charter).

In terms of the NTK, should we appeal to get a POPLA code, or wait longer?

It's pretty clear, what have I misunderstood? They need permission from the Council before engaging in contracts with other entities, and the Council doesn't appear to ever have approved the parking contract.

You're very confusing, it was you that brought up the whole thing about the charter, the charters don't seem to be public, I haven't found a single one online and no information of where to find them. I found the act that now governs the college but you say this doesn't apply?

You also started saying that I'm wasting my time as this is all secondary buy you brought all this up in the first place. I mentioned previously about getting FOI requests and you agreed with it, but now again you're saying I'm wasting my time?

You seem to be trying to one-up everything we're saying or doing. You don't know if I've asked the council if they have planning permission or not, but have assumed we haven't. Are you getting confused between multiple threads?

Edited by dx100uk

no, it is about joining with other educational institutions without having to get another act of parliament. This doesnt apply to hiring a bandit to run the car park.

as said you have picked put the wrong thing to help you.

What is a waste of time is pursuing anything within that clause, you have to look elsewhere, not that using the Charter is a waste of time.

Also I said that they dont have to answer a FOI request where the information is already in the public domain or has been answered before, not that FOI requests are a waste of time. Know your weapons.

as we knew it would

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just keeping log of where this is at. Nothing worse than reading old posts that didn't say the outcome.

Finally have a copy of the charter. Uploading it here in case someone else needs in future. I will have a read through it tonight.

BC GB.100.2.7 Bedford College Charter of Incorporation 11 Jan 1909.pdf