First time: Primark accidental - not let me see cctv

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1996 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

On the 12th of september I had just had a mis-carriage and been discharged from hospital.

I also had a flight that evening at 9pm to a family wedding in spain.

I rushed to primark to gather last minute things; whilst grabbing clothes i was struggling to hold all my shopping and couldn't see any shopping bags near me so i places a PJ set and a bra into my actual handbag.

Through the stress and rush I went to the cashier and paid for everything in my hand which was (£40+) and did not pay for the two items in my handbag - which is a huge oversight on my half (but i was very stressed and under a time deadline.)

I was approached by security staff who told me i had not paid for items in my bag which i instantly gasped at and offered to pay.

However, at this point I can not recall if I had technically left the store as I do feel as if the security had approached me just by the exit.

I was very cooperative as I was trying to catch my flight

- however one of the security officers was making me feel very uncomfortable telling me how pretty i look and asking me loads of personal questions (which i refused to reply to as I did not see the relevance to the issue at hand.)

He then began getting rather rude with me and I asked to see the cctv footage to see if i had actually left the store without paying.

They refused to show me the cctv and threatened with police.

Which on a normal day I would fight but I had a flight to catch and just wanted the day to be over.

I have now received the infamous letter from RLP asking for £150.00!!

Just wanted to know what steps I could take forward?

Do I send an appeal?

I actually am moving to NYC and dont want debt collectors coming to my family home whilst away.

Thank you!

Edited by victoriasantos

ignore totally

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Seconded - completely ignore. If police were not called at the time then there is no chance of anything further happening. RLP will write a series of letters threatening possible (civil, not criminal) court action and when they are not getting any further they will get a debt-collector-for-hire to write another scary letter. NOTE - a debt collector WILL NOT call at your house, all you will receive is a trail of letters before the debt collector hands the case back to RLP who will then 'recommend' that their client considers court action. THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN - Primark will have filed the case once you left the store and no further action will be taken

There is no point appealing - all that will do is signal to RLP that they have a live one and that it is worth following up in the hope of getting some sort of payment. Similarly the CCTV - pointless in getting hold of it as you don't need it

There is absolutely nothing more that will happen over this bar the letters. Don't fall for their pseudo legal language or threats of eternal damnation should you not contribute to their Christmas fund!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I won't argue with advice above but IMO there is no 'accidental shoplifting' as you had gone through the pay pont before stopped. If you had left the store, the Police could have been called and you charged with theft.

As it is, Primark could ban you from entering this or all Primark stores.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

Wow, you are privileged. Four site team members giving advice.

I slightly disagree with Mariner51. I believe that taking goods without paying does happen in certain circumstances. A miscarriage is (in my opinion) as good a reason to explain your actions however it does beg the question; if you put the goods into your handbag, where was your purse at the time?

Aside from that question, you have been given the advice to ignore RLP. This is the best option. Going to the US will not be a problem either as you haven't been convicted of a crime so when you fill in the visa waiver form you can state that you have no convictions (Just don't tick the box' terrorist' as one unlucky lady did)

Put this out of your mind, recover from the miscarriage and get on with your life.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE