DVLA - Reporting sleep apnea after 10 years 😔

Dazzler_75
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I find myself in a difficult situation.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea 10 years ago and then issued with a cpap device.

I was never told at the time by my Gp who referred me or by the hospital consultant that I had to report this directly to dvla.

I assumed as it was controlled everything was ok.

Recently I had an issue with sleep apnea being uncontrolled.

my machine had a problem which has been replaced with one that wirelessly reports data to the hospital.

They say sleep apnea is now controlled again.

So far so good, again no mention of Dvla.

Recently though going through a complaint with my GP (different matter) who referred me to the sleep clinic, its been said about reporting my condition to DVLA.

Im now worried after 10 years of not reporting I'm in deep hot water.

Any advice on how to tackle this?

Im hearing horror stories of DVLA revoking licences etc.

I will be ringing the sleep clinic at my hospital tomorrow to get some kind of evidence of my current machine readings to prove the condition is controlled.

You won't be in trouble. But you should report it.

Do it for safety rather than being scared of revocation

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi, yes Im doing it for the right reasons, just was horrified at not only it wasnt done for so long, but also my ignorance an naievity over the situation.

Im also concerned as 2 years ago I was involved in a minor car accident.

It was not my fault as the third party was on the wrong side of the road in a car park and also admitted liability.

My condition was controlled at the time and the insurance paid out and reclaimed from third part insurance succesfully.

Just very worried and anxious overall.

Dont worry. I know a few people that drive and have sleep apnea and manage fine. The revocation etc only happens in worse cases or if youre a PCV/HGV driver

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Dont worry. I know a few people that drive and have sleep apnea and manage fine. The revocation etc only happens in worse cases or if youre a PCV/HGV driver

Do you think it will be an issue that i haven't reported this at all for so long?

Doubt it. But in any case, you still need to inform them.

• Confused 1

Have any of the medical people suggested you do not drive because of your condition. Had a friend in a similar position involved in a serious accident, he ended up with 30 months as it came out he was warned to stop driving.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]