Lowell chasing me for old littlewoods debt.

Bliss1987
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I know there are numerous threads on here but I’m going to post my story to see if I can get some personal advice regarding this.

Lowell are chasing me, I have read all your views on how people shouldn’t pay them a penny or worry over them.

They are chasing me for a Littlewoods debt, I have requested proof which to my surprise they provided.

The debt was from 2012 (ish) but the latest payments were made 2017.

I have no problem admitting this debt ( I lost my job and whilst I was in between work I couldn’t afford to pay ) now I had been a loyal customer with Littlewoods and after a few missed payments the debt was sold.

My issue now is Lowell are on my credit file, ( Littlewoods were but it has changed )

I am wanting to get a mortgage eventually within the next year and I know this is going to hinder me.

Is there anything I can do to get them off my back?

The debt is roughly 4,000 however half of that is interest as purchases were made with buy now pay later so actually only about 2000 is actual debt. I am sure Lowell will add their interest too, so I’m guessing to them I would be worth a trip to court?

Thankyou in advance

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

The default is unlikely to be removed. However if you want to pay the debt off you could always negotiate a settlement where you pay the debt in full or a set amount providing they agree to remove the default from your file.

It's very unlikely they'll do it. But if you're serious about a mortgage within the next 2 years, there's no harm trying

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

retitled and moved to the mail order forum.

rock and a hard place sadly

yes £4k is very inviting to them.

lowells cant add anything more to the debt, but I can see this ending in court yes if you don't pay them.

what have they sent a compliant CCA return?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Not quite sure what a CCA is , but I found a legal form requesting info of proof the debt exists, they then provided the original online consent form of the account. There is no signed signature but I am guessing the online

Consent forms are just as acceptable as the pen signature.

I have just had phone calls from them since which I have ignored.

consumer credit agreement not consent form.

but yes would have been an online sign-up for 2012. tick box

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...