Record £15.6 million underpayment identified for workers on the minimum wage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Record £15.6 million underpayment identified for workers on the minimum wage

More than 200,000 workers who were paid less than the minimum wage have been identified following a record government clampdown.

-- Record £15.6 million of underpayment identified for more than 200,000 workers

-- Employers fined unprecedented £14 million for not meeting legal obligations

-- More than 600 employers named in 2017/18 as part of ‘naming’ rounds

-- Ramped up efforts by HMRC to crackdown on underpayment and boost compliance

Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs (HMRC) achieved record enforcement results this year, identifying £15.6million of underpayments.

The number of workers identified as underpaid was double that in 2016/17 and the highest number since the National Minimum Wage came into force.

In every case, the government instructs employers to repay their workers and enforces the return of the missing cash.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/record-156-million-underpayment-identified-for-workers-on-the-minimum-wage

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group