MS90 Advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2012 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I found out on 12/09/2018 that I've been "convicted" of an MS90 and hit with 6 points on my licence and £660 fine.

The date of the offence was 24/12/2017, and the conviction was on 24/07/2018,

I moved address on 17/08/2017 but forgot to update my address on my licence or V5C,

I've phoned the magistrates court which issued the fine(Lincolnshire) and they've advised me to contact my nearest magistrates court (Norwich) to make a statutory declaration, when I did,

I was given a date (4th of OCT) to appear in court and make my statutory declaration and I was asked on the phone how do I plead to the S172 (which I replied NG) and the original speeding offence (to which I said I'm not sure I'll think about it)

my query is when I go court will I asked to enter a plea?

and I am how do I plead?

and Will I have to go to Lincolnshire court if I have to go to trial?

I spoke with a solicitor and he seemed to think that I won't be asked to enter a plea because it's not the original court.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi

Others will be along that know more about doing an SD.

One issue I can see is you mention that during the time you changed address its your responsibility to inform DVLA of your change of address with your Driving Licence & V5 and in not doing so could open you up to the possibility of a fine from DVLA.

https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence?step-by-step-nav=c1f13d41-ed7f-44a3-be11-fd95525ddf40

https://www.gov.uk/change-name-address-v5c?step-by-step-nav=c1f13d41-ed7f-44a3-be11-fd95525ddf40

Did you have any prior notifications about this matter before you moved address?

When did you notify DVLA of your Change of Addesss?

Please be patient as it can be quiet at the weekend but I am sure others will be along to advise.

Couple of links:

Penalty points (endorsements): https://www.gov.uk/penalty-points-endorsements/endorsement-codes-and-penalty-points

Road Traffic Act 1988 Section 172: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/172

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I moved in August 2017 and the speeding offence was on December 2017 so any letters of intended prosecution and summons went to my old address, and like an idiot I forgot to update my address on the V5C when I moved, the car is now written off because of the accident.

moved to the correct forum.

speeding and motoring offences

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When did you inform DVLA of your Change of Address?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You've done all this on another forum, I think.

In case you've forgotten:

my query is when I go court will I asked to enter a plea?

Maybe. But possibly not.

and I am how do I plead?

Not guilty to both charges (Speeding and Failing to provide details) unless and until you get a guarantee that the FtF charge will be dropped

and Will I have to go to Lincolnshire court if I have to go to trial?

Probably. You'll have to wait until you've done your SD.