Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ericsbrother View Post
    IT IS NOT A STATEMENT OF TRUTH, YOU ARE MONTHS AWAY FROM THAT STAGE. This is clearly where things are getting confused. That is the end line of your Witness Statement, not the outline defence on the acknowledgement.

Just write the 3 lines and nothing else. Do it online so you arent tempted to scribble pages of unnecessary waffle.
    If you want to use the 5 points you have chosen scrap point 1 as it is stating the bleedin obvious and so unnecessary. and the say point 2 but not as a bullet point, you then use point 3 and start with "because" then point 5 and finally point 4 so it flows logically

In short use common english
    Thank you so much for all your help so far guys. greatly appreciated!

'It is denied that any 'parking chargesicon are owed and any debt is denied in its entirety because no keeper liability so no cause for action against the defendant.

The claimant has failed to show locus standi so the defendant does not believe they have a right to bring an action against anyone.

No enforceable contract offered at the time by claimant so no cause for action can have arisen.'

Just checking this is what you were referring to?

thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    just for clarification your defence is not due till/by Friday at 4pm.
    hold off for now get it right first!

you file it via the MCOL website as you did the AOS
    thank you, I will do it through MCOL. I am aware of the Friday deadline but getting a bit anxious to get it in

Default Re: UKCPM/Gladstones ANPR PCN - 93-101 Greenfield Road, London

yes, it really is that simple and quite clear in the postings.

When it comes to legal matters you ahve to read things very carefully so you dont make assumptions on what is written and be precise in your use of words.

Basic Account Holder

Hi Guys,
    thanks for all your support so far. much appreciated!
    I have submitted the defence.

Basic Account Holder

Hi Guys,
    Since I have posted the defence, I had the following:

1. Email one from Gladstone:
    'Dear___
    We write further to the attached correspondence. Please be aware CPR 31.14 is not applicable to small claimsicon, the track this case will inevitably be allocated to however, in an effort to settle the matter please find attached evidence we currently have access to. Your Defence will be considered in due course.'
    The have attached the PCN letter, the Overdue PCN letter and 2 pictures which are identical take 4 seconds apart.

2. Email two from Gladstone:
    'Dear____
    UK Car Park Management Limited
    -v-
    _________

We act for the Claimant and have notified the Court of our Client’s intention to proceed with the claim.
    Please find attached a copy of our Client’s completed Directions Questionnaire, which will be filed with the court upon their request. You will note we intend to request a special direction that the case be dealt with on the papers and without the need for an oral hearing
    This request is sought simply because the matter is in our Client’s opinion relatively straightforward and the costs incurred by both parties for attending an oral hearing would be disproportionate.
    You will note our Client has elected not to mediate. Its decision is not meant to be in any way obstructive and is based purely on experience, as Mediationicon has rarely proven beneficial in these types of cases. Notwithstanding this, our Client would be happy to listen to any genuine payment proposals that you wish to put forward.'
    They attached N180 Directions questionnaire, REQUEST FOR SPECIAL DIRECTION PURSUANT TO PD27 which says the below:
    We kindly request that the Court send the N159 form (a redacted example of which is attached) to the Defendant for their consideration and, upon the Defendant consenting to the case being heard on the papers alone, the Judge makes the following direction;
    “The matter will be considered on paperwork without a hearing. The parties attendance is not required and the Judge will determine the matter based upon the documents and evidence supplied and any written representations received.”

3. I have also received a lettericon from court which says that it acknowledge receipt of my defence.

4. I have also received a lettericon which says 'notice of proposed allocation of the small claimsicon track' and with it was a form called 'direction questionnaire' which is asking me complete by 16th Nov.

Next step - I understand that I need to complete this direction form. Do you guys have any advice on how I should complete this form? There are couple of questions which I am not sure what to answer.

Thanks for all your support so far.

Make sure the court knows you want a proper hearing, these emails are to try o trick you, Gladdys want it "On The Papers" so they can lie and bring in stuff that would be inadmissable. They lie and cheat. The team will be along soon, but "On The Papers" is a no no.

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!
    Follows
    Following

The matter will be considered on paperwork without a hearing. The parties attendance is not required and the Judge will determine the matter based upon the documents and evidence supplied and any written representations received
    sadly a lot of people fall for this junk. As said, demand a hearing in front of a judge.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks
    Follows
    Following

where did they get your email from?
    block them now and bounce that email back.

as for your N180 which came from the court I hope?

you really should be reading up on ALL PPC claimformicon threads during your 'downtime' between the stages of the claim so you KNOW what happens next and how to suitably respond.

no to Mediationicon
    1 wit you.
    yes to small claimsicon track
    the rest is obv

3 copies
    one to the court
    one to gladdys minus sig/email/phone
    one for your file.

FWIW: that's the same drivel they send to everyone that gives them a free and easy way of intimidating a defendant by email.
    the claim has not been allocated so it a bit cheeky of them to say CPR doesn't apply
    and you object to a paper only hearing as you wish to cross examine their evidence with whomever turns up in court to face you P2P.

dx

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

directions questionnaire is simple, tick box and add any date you arent available.

ignoreicon Gladdys as they are hoping you will agree to a hearing on the papers because they know that they cant attend a hearing at your local court because they dont want to spend time in gaol for perjury and anyways they have only charged their clients about 50 for things so far and having to schlep around the country costs them more than that.

The IPC advertise their membership as being cheaper than the BPA and play on the fact that as brilliant lawyers they make sure their clients dont lose appeals etc.

AS the membership of the IPC are the low lifes of the parking world they like to hear this claptrap but end up paying dearly for bad advice and foolhardy adventures in cou

That is what the letters are about, to try and hoodwink you into thinking they are actually professionals at this rather than just chancers

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your advice. I will ask for a court hearing and complete the direction of questionnaire as you advised me.

thanks for all the support as ever

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    where did they get your email from?
    block them now and bounce that email back.

as for your N180 which came from the court I hope?

you really should be reading up on ALL PPC claimformicon threads during your 'downtime' between the stages of the claim so you KNOW what happens next and how to suitably respond.

no to Mediationicon
    1 wit you.
    yes to small claimsicon track
    the rest is obv

3 copies
    one to the court
    one to gladdys minus sig/email/phone
    one for your file.

FWIW: that's the same drivel they send to everyone that gives them a free and easy way of intimidating a defendant by email.
    the claim has not been allocated so it a bit cheeky of them to say CPR doesn't apply
    and you object to a paper only hearing as you wish to cross examine their evidence with whomever turns up in court to face you P2P.

dx

Hi, I didn't give them my email or communicated with them at all. I did put my email in the moneyclaimicon website when I done the defence. So the court probably forwarded my email address to them.

The form came through post so I am guessing it came from the court. somebody had already scribbled the claim no. in the form before sending it to me.

I will complete it accordingly and ignoreicon gladstones emails.

thanks for your help.

Ok await allocation date
    Time to read up on suitable witness statements and getting your evidence like photos etc together

Whatever you do dont blink first!!

Pers i would send and email to Gladstone telling them that any email address they have for you is NOT to be used to file any papers regarding claim xxxxx now.

That will stop them filing their Ws the night before yours is due thus removing your chance to change yours and pull theirs apart

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

let them know that the email addy is blocked

Basic Account Holder

will do that now guys

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details