Hypothetical Question re parking.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2009 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

mHi guys

, I was in my town centre earlier attempting to park,

I have attached a photograph of the exact bay(Coleraine N.Ireland)

This was at 4.50pm and there was a car parked at the rear of the bay as is demonstrated by the photograph.

There then would/should be enough parking for a further two cars in theory and normal practice, however I arrived to find another car at least 2 metres from the car behind and not enough room for me to get my front wheels inside the box in front.

As I was attempting to manoeuvre I got a knock on my passenger window stating they were the car behind and I was cm from the front of their car and not legally parked in the space!

I smiled, apologized and asked if they would be awfully decent and give me three to four feet of that 2m space they had behind them, and was point blank told No!

So, at this point a traffic warden arrived and ordered me to move and when I told him that the other party was "deliberately" occupying two spaces and when asked to accommodate another car had refused. He stated he didn't care and his concern was that I had two wheels on double yellow lines.

......So, I missed my appointment!

my question is, I had a friend who received a ticket for being parked across two parking bays in a car park. This is one large parking space/bay that was designed to accommodate three normal cars and due to one Party being deliberately awkward was only able to accommodate two, why does this not qualify for a ticket or an instruction to park with more consideration?

How do I attach a picture?

PS: This is not private parking, it is parking at road sides controlled by local council.

48 New Row

https://goo.gl/maps/jcQKKk1oJzs

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

Read upload

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If a long bay is divided into individual car lengths with broken white lines, then a driver parking over one of those lines means he's occupying two separate bays and liable for a PCN. If it isn't divided up, and is just one long length, then any car can park in any position within the bay.

Anti-social people or people who have a bug about cars parking close to them, can deliberately occupy a space which might be long enough to accommodate two cars, but there's no rule prohibiting it.

As for your own predicament, you have to fit all of your car inside the bay, or you are overhanging and liable for a PCN yourself. You just can't park there and will have to go somewhere else.

The other driver sounds like a pretty unpleasant person, but he's within his rights.