Default after 3 years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2007 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have recently checked my credit file I have a default from British gas for £69 recorded at old address on 06/06/2015. I moved out of that address in September 2012!

British gas were claiming at the time £69 disconnection fee for moving house so I paid them for energy usage and left it at that.

Surely they default should of been recorded with in 6 months as 3 years is very wrong.

If it was recorded correctly it would of or very soon drop off.

I have gone through the complaints procedure with British gas and they claim the default is recorded correctly but they do not have any paperwork as they changed computer systems.

I am awaiting the deadlock letterlink3.gif to progress this to the obudsmun.

What are my chances with obudsmun?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

id go to the Information commissioners office meself

they deal with credit files.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks I'm on with the ICO

And the ombudsmen as well

The bill relates for a so called disconnection fee of a property that I sold and moved out of in 2012

I have British gas deadlock letter and will quote the exact wording that I found very interesting.

Ready?

Here is is ..........just to confirm,contrary to the information that you've provided from the information commissioner's office,british gas did not break any laws or regulations by placing the marker on your credit file almost three years after you'd moved out.

All this for there so called disconnection fee of £69 I belive it to be unlawfull the last payment was September 2012

There default marker June 2015.

I have asked for a copy of the so called Bill all they tell me is it is for electricity used I wonder how many units £69 is?

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Place a notice of correction against the entry on your file.

A default placed three years later is utterly childish, and a claim for defamation should be paramount in your mind.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!