Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    rogerfed Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jan 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Emmzzi View Post
    Disagreeing with the judge's view of which evidence is relevant, is not something you can appeal against.

Not all discrimination is illegal and is sounds like you have failed to evidence that the discrimination was due to race.
    So it's not relevent if someone agrees their previous statement was wrong, but the judge ignores that and goes with the original statement??? I can't get my head around it

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

Default Re: Employment Appeals Tribunal

Quote Originally Posted by rogerfed View Post
    So it's not relevent if someone agrees their previous statement was wrong, but the judge ignores that and goes with the original statement??? I can't get my head around it

They may have decided that although the scoring was incorrect, it was not sex discimination. It depends if it is material.

You don't need to show you were treated unfaiirly; you need to show on balance of probablity that the unfairness was because of your gender. You can get tops marks, and I can not give you the job because I don't like you, and that is legal, as long as the reason I don't like you is not because of your gender.

And it's not enough to think you know it; you have to prove it.

Being non male and not promoted is not enough. Did you have anything else?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative Emmzzi Authoritative

Cagger since : Jun 2012

I've just read your duplicate thread on another forum. I can't work out if you are claiming race or sex discrimination.

You have however had really full and considered answers there. That advisor does not think you have a case. I note your solicitior already advised you had a weak case.

I think it's really important to note that "fair" and "legal" are not the same thing. I don't think you will be able to get past it until you take that on board.

Move on, be happy, live well.... you could spend years being eaten alive by this and it won't get you anywhere.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!
    Follows
    Following

Gold Account Holder king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative king12345 Informative

Cagger since : May 2007

Have you got any evidence of racial/gender discrimination?
    Feeling it is not evidence.
    If instead they wrote in the rejection letter: "sorry, you scored top marks but we're looking for a white male and you are a black female. Good luck next time", then you would have a case.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details