PCN for U-turn before a No-Entry road

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I have received a PCN for an alleged "Failing to Comply with a No Entry Restriction". It is not quite straight forward and I would appreciate any guidance please on my chances of appeal?

I started my turn into a wide side road when I noticed it was a Non Entry.

I decided not to enter and was able to continue my drive straight out again as the entrance to the No-Entry road is huge (width of several lanes - and hardly any traffic as it was 11pm).

The front of my car would probably have veered across the double white lines across the side road, But I was able to continue to drive out the entrance

- it was like a u-turn but more of a wide curve in and out of the road entrance (if that makes sense).

I waited to check that the main road was clear and drove off.

I did not actually drive into the side road and had no intention of entering into a No Entry road.

They have sent me very faint photos

- if they have video footage (they have not mentioned it), they would be able to see I turned out immediately.

The PCN does say they will exercise discretion if there are mitigating circumstances, but that's not reassuring enough.

What are my chances of a successful appeal?

I am within the 14 days discount period.

The PCN says that if my appeal is rejected I will need to pay "the Penalty Charge"

- doesn't mention a discounted rate.

The full charge is £130 (ouch!).

Many thanks for reading and any advice?

Kind regards

Sam

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

you should be able to view the video on their website typically?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I've checked again and no video footage is available.

Just a series of sequential still shots showing the car curving into the dotted double white lines across the side road and exiting out immediately.

Only one image of the car has the number plate clearly visible, end even then, it doesn't show the location of the car in relation to the road. The remaining images do not have the car number plate visible. Any suggestions?

I have just noticed on the images that there is also a no U-turn sign at the junction. And I did do a U-turn. So that's a correction from the information above. But that is not the offence I have been alleged to have contravened.

So I now have 2 questions please:

1) Is the U-turn offence relevant here, given they have not mentioned that on the PCN?

2) What are my chances of appeal for "Failing to Comply with a No Entry Restriction"

- given I did not drive down that road but did a U-turn to come straight out?

Thanks again

i would suggest as you crossed the lines sadly its valid?

await the experts

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...