Harlands make a system error and I'm being charged

pamziaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1862 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just ignore the latest demand and keep us posted .......

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Just reviewed previous events and ..............

I think a further letter to the gym saying :-

I refer to my letter of xxdate and enclose a copy for your urgent attention.

Please note my current address and reply as necessary.

If you allow Harlands/CRS to continue with their harassment, I will take further action and use social media to report how your gym allows your customers to be harassed.

This is your best chance of stopping Harlands harassment quickly.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Slick

I missed your last reply.

I will do this now.

I have just received another letter by email today threatening to take me to county court.

How should I proceed?

I’m almost tempted to say bring it.

I don’t see how they can win given this whole thing started with their mistake.

Could I make a freedom of information request and get their notes on their conversations with me?

Pam

They dont do court..

Ignore them or send that slick letter

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi again,

Don't be at all tempted to respond to the threat of court action from Harlands/CRS - just ignore as it won't happen !!

Send what I suggested to Gym Etc's Head Office and let us know how they reply. If now reply within 14 days, chase them for their answer.

• 3 weeks later...

Only just got around to writing the letter today.

Will put it in the post today/tomorrow and advise if/when I hear back.

CRS are now texting me and I think they have called a couple of times but I have not answered.

Am I right in thinking that I should only deal with them in writing now?

I have not had another email since they threatened court but I have had texts.

Slick, for the letter I copied and pasted what you wrote and included the original letter.

Thanks

Just went and posted it.

Will update when something happens next.

Edited by dx100uk
merge quote

you block and bounce email, texts or calls. now

writing only

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Great, ignore all forms of contact from Harlands/CRS but keep a log in case a harassment complaint is needed.

Keep us posted of events .............

Update from today:

Letter from CRS.

They are passing my debt to Zinc Group Ltd in 10 days if I do not contact them to resolve this matter.

No response yet from GymEtc Regarding my complaint letter

Hi Pam,

Zinc will do little more than waste their money on postage. Ignore them and they'll do nothing more.

Let us know if the gym responds ..............

• 1 month later...

Morning Slick.

Update on situation.

Sent letter, no response.

Have been ignoring CRS as advised.

This morning letter from Zinc saying they have been instructed to assist with resolution of account.

If they call should I attempt to explain or just ignore them also?

I'm guessing its too much to hope that they would see reason even if CRS are at fault there.

Pam

Edited by dx100uk

Hi Pam,

You've been with CAG long enough to know this !! :wink: If anyone calls you to discuss anything, tell them " In writing only ! ", then hang up.

Zinc will be interested in nothing apart from getting money from you and there's nothing to discuss.

Ignore their written letters or demands and, if they call do as I said above.

Harlands/CRS may contact you again when Zinc return the matter to them because you're not intimidated by Zinc.

Keep ignoring but keep a log of all forms of contact.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Slick. Zinc called me and I picked up as i didn't recognise the number. When they asked to speak with me I told them I'm prepared to communicate only it writing and they said OK and hung up. They have however emailed me a link to a letter they have sent. This link includes requests for details I have to enter before I can see the letter. Based on this potentially being used against me under the guise of 'we informed you' I haven't put any details in to get this letter from them so while they said they have contacted me, I don't know what this letter says. This sounds shady from a legal perspective. Am I doing the right thing here? I'd imagine if they were trying to take me to court they would have to inform me in writing.

On a side note today I looked at signing up to a new gym in the area I liked the look of however this situation has made me cautious. Less than 5 minutes of googling told me the Lifestyle Fitness gym i wanted to join is also affiliated with Harlands :( I won't be signing up with them needless to say.

Hi Pamz,

Trust me when I say you're over-thinking this !!

Zinc can be completely and utterly ignored by you. Don't respond at all to any phone call, email or letter from them.

Nothing you do will lead to Zinc taking any action against you - that's not what they do. As soon as they realise you're not going to respond to them, they'll hand the matter back to Harlands/CRS.

When this happens and Harlands/CRS start sending begging letters, let us know.

Keep a log of all forms of contact from Harlands/CRS or Zinc.