UKPC/SCS Law Claim Form received **DISCONTINUED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Have utilised many a thread from these sites over the years with great success.

Quick summary:

Usual residential gated car park, management company bought in PPC - I actually from told the management company from the get go that I did not want my bay covered by the scheme because I knew the calibre of companies they would use and being a gated car park with fobs to get in, it doesn't happen that often and if someone was to park in my space although a tad inconvenient my world would not end. My management company actually agreed to this, not before however I had received a number of fake parking tickets! Have continued to receive the occasional ticket from the same UKPC lot and my management company just has them canceled. However, there were a number of tickets they originally issued that they refused to cancel.

Fast forward 6 months or so and last week I received a claim letter of them trying to claim £800 for parking in my own space!

I have read many many posts and useful guides on defending, however it is still fairly daunting. I am a lease holder, in my lease I have the right to use that bay to the extent that there is even a car park diagram A3 fold out sheet with my bay highlighted. I haven't read the lease with a fine tooth comb to check if it can be varied however.

The claim form claims "I will provide the defendant with separate detailed particulars within 14 days after the service of the claim form".

From reading the many guides & advice they say I have to acknowledge the claim. However some guides I have read say that if they are providing particulars seperately I have to wait until they arrive and if they don't to complain to the court.

My first question I guess is, do I complain to the court after acknowledging or before? If before how do I do it and ensure it is received?

Name of the Claimant: UK Parking Control Ltd

claimants Solicitors: SCS Law

Date of issue – 06/09/2018

Date of issue 06/09/2018 + 19 days ( 5 day for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 25/09/2018 + 14 days to submit defence = 09/10/2018 (33 days in total) -

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down.

The Claimant claims from the defendant the sum of £800 in respect of unpaid parking noticed issued as a result of the defendants breach of terms and conditions of parking at a site managed by the claiment. I will provide the defendant with seperate detailed particulars within 14 days after service of the claim form.

**IMPORTANT** WE NEED TO SEE THE FULL POCicon MINUS YOUR PERS DETAILS>> NOT AN ABRIDGED VERSION**THIS MUST INCLUDE THE LOCATION

What is the value of the claim? £800

Has the claim been issued by the Private parking Company or was the PCN assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim ? PPC

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment?

Looks like another Supremacy of Contract, do you have a paper trail of what the Managing Agents said and did? Why other than to garner a backhander would they even need ab Parking Cowboy as Sheriff in a gated fob entry area? Sure EB and the crew will help sort this.

A good tolchocking in court would focus UKPCs tiny greedy mind, and give the Management Agent something to think about as they have acted against the Residents best interests there being no need for a PPC in the first place.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Checking my Lease in the second schedule: i) The exclusive right to park a private motor vehicle in the parking space shown shaded yellow and numbered 24 on Plan 1 annexed - The car was parking in this very space. I can't find anything about variations in my lease though, I don't really know what I am looking for though?!

Make sure you acknowledge the claim as fkofilee says. Pop up on MCOL, register as individual, save the long Gateway number you are given, and make sure you tick "Defend All"

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks all, Claim has been acknowledged as advised and ensure "defend All" is ticked!

I have emails to and from the management company. One stating that they allow my bay to be exempt, as well as a number of previous tickets that have been cancelled. There will also be e-mails of them successfully cancelling other tickets.

Great, I'm sure EB, DX and the team will help unpick UKPC's claim and enable you to submit a suitable defence. Keep all that evidence from the Managing Agents safe as they will be useful as part of the defence. Once you win the MA might be persuaded to get rid of UKPC before it causes them further grief and possible complaints from other Residents who have paid up to the PPC for an invoice.

Perhaps this is a "Revenge Claim" if the MA mentioned you were responsible for them being booted out. With a nice concise defence, this claim could backfire on UKPC.

have you the sep poc yet?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

well, for starters register at moneyclaimonline and acknowledge the claim. they then have to sedn you the POC detail as said and send a N215 to the court. You challenge this if they dont do it in time.

it is probably true that this is a revenge claim but aimed at anyone they think they can screw money out of.

your defence will be fairly simple and UKPC know very well that they will get clobbered if they continue as far as a hearing. For that reason they are unlikely to go that far but will try and wnagle some money out of you by applying untoward pressure. Now, as it is more than £800 they are after they can get the bailiffs in should you lose by default and I suspect that is what they are hoping. It is also a reason why they havent sent the full POC at this time as they dont actually have the records they will have to rely on.

So, wait for the full POC and if it isnt in time ask the court to chuck the claim out (look up the CPR number for this as I dont know it off th top of my head) and in the maenwhile find all of your correspondinec on the ticket s they issued and see if they match. thye will have got the process wrong but as it is your parking space that is of little consequence as far as the POFA goes but knowing the date these demands were issued may tell us whether they have been telling lies and breaching other protocols they have to follow to make the original demand legal in the first place.

i would imagine that this will die as soon as you send in your defence in about 3 weeks time but tey wont tel you they are discontinuing until much later.

Yes, you have grounds for suing them fro unlawfull processing of your data but that means you have to spend a bit of time to do this and although it is likely you would be successful you have to dalance that against the effort you will ahve to puit in to get £250-500 from them.

Ask your neighbours if they have had similar demands because you cna then have all of the claims dealt with in one go and that will mean that UKPC may well face a decent size costs order

Hi All,

I am not sure if it was simply acknowledging the case on Money Claim and stating I intend to defend, or the lets say firm pressure I have been applying to my management company who employed these clowns but I did this morning receive a notice of discontinuance for all of this claim.

I believe this means they have withdrawn their case and I no longer have to worry!

Thanks for all your advice up until this point, it's a joke that these companies get by simply by trying to scare people into paying!

Who from?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Great you won!!

well done CAG

give it a few days and CHECK with the court mind!

we have seen this trick pulled before to make you think you don't have to do anything more and they win by default.

dx

please consider a donation to keep us here

and they

yep, if you signed up to MCOL just have a look there otherwise phone the court and quote the case number and ask.

UKPC have a lot of trouble with residential parking contracts and they always lose defended claims and get a right bashing for their trouble as well. if they werent such crooks they would have pulled out of these business areas already for being too much bother.

i hope that yours is now sorted.