Lowell chasing TalkTalk broadband debt / How to dispute further

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, any help would be highly appreciated :)

Back in 2010 I arrived in the UK to study, me and my friends rented a flat in Brighton and I signed with TalkTalk for a broadband plan (1Year). The account was under my name and it was paying it from my personal bank account.

End of 2011 I finished my studies and went back to my country, but before I do that I contacted Talktalk and told them that I am leaving and that my room mates will be paying from for this plan from now. (Kindly change the account holder to them and hereby I inform you that I am not longer responsible of this) "for sure there is no proof of this as it was a phone call"

Time passed then in 2017 April I returned to the UK with my family to start my new job.

Surprisingly I received a letter from Lowell demanding me to pay an outstanding amount of 240GBP for an old account related to TalkTalk.

I ignored the letter as I sincerely forgot that I ever had a TalkTalk account!

on the end of 2017 I relocated to the northern side of London the somehow they got my new address

(I am guessing through the bank as I still use my old account since I was a student) and demanded me again for the same thing so I gave them a call and asked what is this about, they then explained that this account still under my name and it has an outstanding amount since Dec 2013.

I asked what account was paying for all these payments since 2012 they explained that it was someone's else account (My room mate).

I then explained that I left at the end of Sep 2011 and since then I was away, I have all necessary stamps of exits and entries on my account which validate that I was out of the UK for the past 7 years.

They took all these notes from me and were very polite with me, then asked me to wait for a month or too for feedback.

Today I received a letter saying that TalkTalk said the following:

• TalkTalk has advised us that they received change of ownership forms on 09/11/2011; however this could not be completed due to arrears on the account.
  • They state that they received further card payments from a third party, but the name on the account was never changed

Lowell then continues the letter saying that I need to pay this and that they will place this account on hold for 30 days for me to review in case they missed anything.

Can anyone explain to me what is the best root to take next?

As it is obviously not my responsibly to pay especially that i was not informed that the owner ship change did not happen?

Bare in mind that my credit report has a note on it from TalkTalk since 2011 apparently which prevented me from taking any credit plan with any type of business in the UK since i got back and i am not quiet sure about the impact on my credit score after this issue is sorted.

Kind Regards

the payments wee not made by you

and they know that

you did not authorise those payments

they know that

so they don't count as such..

the debt is statute barred

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thank you dx100UK for your quick feedback. It is highly appreciated

Your reply is pretty straight forward but may I ask what exactly should I do next? Should I write them a letter with the title "statued Barred" and place in it the definition related shown in your reply?

Have you written or informed them Of your correct address?

Drop/block all phone and email comms now writing only

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I did not inform them with my new address but they do have it (somehow) probably as I said above through my Bank account details as I updated that once I returned back to the UK

Is there any template that I can use to create this response letter to Lowell? Should I be sending it only to Lowell or to TalkTalk too?

Forget tt

Its been sold on

In the debt collection section of our library

There is an statute barred letter

Add in a line thats says

the payments were not authorised by me

I was not the owner of the account when they were made

there is evidence i closed the account with talk talk directly

and they

what do you mean a note?

default?

and they

When TalkTalk escalated this issue to Lowell (end of 2013) they raised some sort of notice of the complaint and placed it in my Credit report which is National.

On mid of 2017 I went to my bank and asked them on why was I rejected for a finance plan on furniture purchase, their reply was that TalkTalk placed a remark that I have an outstanding payment and that I must sort it out with TalkTalk or one of these financial companies:

Experian

Equifax

Callcredit

Now that my case is statute barred does it mean that this will force them to remove this off of my credit history?

But its not sb'd someone paid it

But for the sake of litigation it is..

Have you looked at your credit file..

What does it say?

and they

then go get it

noddle

clearscore

Experian

all are free

and they