Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Sep 2018

Quote Originally Posted by slick132 View Post
    A DDicon mandate is what you agree to and set up so your bank pays money every month to someone you agree to pay. You would have signed a DD mandate agreeing to pay Harlandsicon and the monthly DD would be paid to SNAP, who is Harlands, if I recall correctly.

CRS are really Harlands in disguise but I have not heard of them using a DD mandate to collect any fees, adminicon charges, etc. If you did not sign a separate DD mandate agreeing to pay Moneywise Services, any such payments should be reclaimed via the bank.

Having said this, I've already voiced my disquiet about reclaiming gymicon fees when you have been so vague with dates and amounts paid.

But keep us posted
    No mate nothing was signed for a new DD, just a phone conversation.

The gymicon membership ended a long time ago even if i had seen out my contract it would of ended in 2017 sometime around march.

Pretty sure i am within my rights to claim the money back. They got a fair bit out of me and if it wasnt for this site id still be paying them another 200 odd quid now.

So thanks everyone who has helped.

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: CRS help please!?

The bank have rejected my claim for the DDicon to be returned. Absoloutly fuming. I am still on the phone to them.

They are saying i am in a dispute and they cant return it. What do i say? Any ideas what i can tell the bank?

And next to where the money comes out in mu statement it says moneywise services. For instance if you buy somthing in tesco it will say:

Tesco 4.55
    Moneywise services 9.99

Ive been arguing with the bank on the phone and they will not change there stance. They have give me the number for the fraud team. Any idea what i should do next?

go here
    https://register.fca.org.uk/

type in moneywise services

you'll see they don't exist and neither do Harlandsicon have a active licence!!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Should i call the banks fraud team an tell them this? I really want this money back tbh.

no yo get back on to the bank that refusd your claim
    sadly they think they have their own rules they DON'T!!

who's the bank?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

TSB, i was ranting on the phone for a good 20 minutes they where saying it is a dispute.

Unfortunatly i am not as informed as some of the posters on here so run out of things to say. Its just not an argument i can win.

Dont know what to do tbh. I could ring them again but i fear the outcome would not change.

I have had money taken from my account by a company that is not registered with the FCA and I did not owe money too.

dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Will try again tomorrow but it will be my 4th attempt.

Thanks dx.

Speak to a manager and Keep escalating it. Even in a dispute the bank has to abide by the DDicon rules. They forget tobpicl and choose what happens

Basic Account Holder

Is there anything particular i can say to the bank to make them see sense? Like a rule they are not abiding by.

And is there any body i could threaten to report them to if they dont abide by the DDicon rules.

I think this link should still work if not see the FCA website

Attached Files Attached Files
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Ive put in another claim today telling them about the lack of fca license. Hopefully now it will be sorted. I should know by monday.

Basic Account Holder

Bank still refusing to pay me out. I have filed numerous complaints and had zero contact for weeks. CRS have ran numurous times also have just been blanking.

Cant see me getting the money back tbh.

Summarise the DDicon claim in a letter to the bank's HO and confirm you require their written, not a telephone, response.

When they reply, let us know exactly what you said and exactly how they replied. Use PDFicon if you want but hide any identifiers first.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !
    Follows
    Following

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details