• Tweets

• Paragraph 18 – you are still talking about Boston stolen items. About time this was fixed??? Paragraph 19  In any event, the claimant's PS5 gaming device was correctly declared and correctly valued. The defendant accepted it for carriage and was even prepared to earn extra money by selling sell insurance in case of its loss or damage. New paragraph 20 – this the defendant routinely sells insurance in respect of "no compensation" items (a secondary contract contrary to section 72 CRA 2015) new paragraph above paragraph 20 – the defendant purports to limit its liability in respect of lost or damaged items. This is contrary to section 57 of the consumer rights act 2015. The defendant offers to extend their liability if their customer purchases an insurance cover for an extra sum of money. This insurance is a secondary contract calculated to exclude or limit their liability for the defendants contractual breaches and is contrary to section 72 of the consumer rights act 2015. New paragraph below paragraph 42 – the defendant merely relies on "standard industry practice" You haven't pointed to the place in your bundle of the Telegraph newspaper extract. You have to jiggle the paragraphs around. Even though I have suggested new paragraph numbers, the order I have suggested is on your existing version 5. You will have to work it out for your next version. Good luck!   Let's see version 6 Separately, would you be kind enough to send me an unredacted to me at our admin email address.
    • UK travellers have been turned away at airports because their passports are not valid for EU travel.View the full article
    • i think theres been MORE than amble evidence of that and am astonished that criminal proceedings haven't begun.
    • Yep, those 'requirements' not met to shareholders satisfaction seem to me to be: 1. Not being allowed to increase customer bills by 40% (of which well over 50% of the new total would NOT be investment) 2. 1 plus regulators not agreeing to letting them do 'things in their own time (ie carry on regardless)
    • As already mentioned freely available "credit scores" are fairly useless. All lenders have their own "credit scoring" system, that for obvious reasons they don't divulge. And they're "scored" differently to the freely available ones. As soon as they could, we've always encouraged our two children to use credit cards responsibly... Pay off in full, etc, to generate good history. It's paid off. At quite young ages, they have both obtained loans for cars, mortgage and their credit card limits are through the roof. Personally, I have shifted debt around a lot on credit cards (even financed a house purchase once at 0% 😉) and I've only ever been refused a credit card once, sorry twice by the same company, over many years. They must have something very different in their lending criteria. You're a tight one, Mr Branson.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CRS help please!?

LM93
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1988 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ignore them

they are totally powerless and don't do court anyway.

the other alternative is to sent the slick132 letter in many threads here

offering ONE MONTH only membership and no fees paid

I am having a similair problem.

I have actually been paying them for some time but have missed quite a few payments so they have added many fee’s on.

I missed my latest fee then rang up asking for a breakdown of what i have paid and every charge they have added, i let them know that untill i recieve this in writing i wont be paying anymore.

They said ok but have not sent it.

They then tried to take another DD but like i told them the money would not be there until they provide the paperwork.

I emailed them to let them know but they have ignored the email.

Today they have tried to take another payment and i have emailed them again explaining that i will not he paying untill i can review the charges they have added.

They have completely ignored me.

Any advice?

Can they effect my credit? Default/ccj for example. If anyone could give me some advice i would be very greatfull.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having a problem with CRS.

I have actually been paying them for some time but have missed quite a few payments so they have added many fee’s on.

I missed my latest fee then rang up asking for a breakdown of what i have paid and every charge they have added, i let them know that untill i receive this in writing i wont be paying anymore.

They said ok but have not sent it.

They then tried to take another DD but like i told them the money would not be there until they provide the paperwork.

I emailed them to let them know but they have ignored the email.

Today they have tried to take another payment and i have emailed them again explaining that i will not he paying untill i can review the charges they have added.

They have completely ignored me.

Any advice?

Can they effect my credit?

Default/ccj for example.

If anyone could give me some advice i would be very greatfull.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

What were you paying them for? What was the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Never mind saw your other thread. Dont pay them. Just ignore them. They cannot do ANYTHING.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Ignore them. Certainly do not pay them. They can not do anything and never will.

Never mind saw your other thread. Dont pay them. Just ignore them. They cannot do ANYTHING.

Is this 100 percent? These parasites have been stressing me out for almost a year. Big relief if i can just ignore them.

You fell for their claim that they are somehow involved in the supposed debt, they arent, they have no interest in any matter at all. How much have you paid them in all? how did you pay them?

You might be claiming the money back if you paid by dedit card. there are no fees or charegs thye can add as they ahve no interest in the matter. you didnt sign acredit agreement with them so all that you have paid is just made up amounts because they caught you.

let me guess. harlands originally chased you. CRS are harlands. You fell for their tricks, and now theyre trying to get more money from you.

You fell for their claim that they are somehow involved in the supposed debt, they arent, they have no interest in any matter at all. How much have you paid them in all? how did you pay them?

You might be claiming the money back if you paid by dedit card. there are no fees or charegs thye can add as they ahve no interest in the matter. you didnt sign acredit agreement with them so all that you have paid is just made up amounts because they caught you.

to add to this, all charges and fee's can be considered unfair penalties and unenforceable. They know this and hope you dont. Thats why theyre harassing you.

posts from someone elses thread moved here

thread moved to the gym forum.

tell use the history of the debt

why did you stop at the gym?

no DCA has ANY legal powers

and you should NEVER EVER phone or pay them

they are NOT BAILIFFS!

so when was the last time you USED the gym in question and who were they?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi LM,

It doesn't matter now if this was a 12 month minimum, or a rolling monthly, membership agreement. The fact that Harlands/CRS have been charging unlawful admin fees means you can cancel immediately and ignore them from now on.

Just so we have the right background info, can you confirm :-

1. Was this a 12 month or a rolling monthly agreement.

2. How long were you a member.

3. Did you give notice to leave the gym, either to the gym or to Harlands.

4. If so, what date did you give notice.

5. When was the last NORMAL monthly gym fee paid by you.

6. How much have you paid since in admin fees.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for the replies everyone.

It was a 12 month contract as far as i can remember.

I think i have paid CRS about 150 ish pounds now with their latest 2 fee’s the debt will be back up to 200.

I lost my job so i could not pay it

i had a lot on my mind at the time financially

i lost track of it and just stopped paying(due to having no money at all).

I have asked them for a breakdown of all the fee’s they have added on and how much i have actually paid but they are ignoring my requests.

I have been paying 10 pounds per month via DD and a couple of times i have paid 35

(due to a missed payment covering the latest payment and add on fee)

I am actually a member of the gym still i signed back on as i now have stable work and its my local gym.

I am honestly looking to cancel the DD and ignore them after reading these comments but i dont want my credit to be effected as im trying my best to build it back up.

Thanks everyone this is very usefull forum.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

pers id go get all the DD's back that you've paid to CRS

then write to them and offer 1 month + no fees.

they wont like it but they don't do court and gym debts don't show on your credit file

have crs been WRITING to your each month advising the amount that will be taken.

if not go use the DD guarantee and get all the payments back from them nia your bank.

IMHO you've been cash cowed

the fees are unlawful. and so are any membership fees after the 1 month that you cancelled on

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How would i go about claiming back the DD? I honestly have no clue what i’m doing when it comes to things like that i feel pretty stupid now tbh 😂😂.

Should i email them something like, i have canceled the direct debit and will be claiming it back, i now offer you one

Month with no fee’s.

And if so should i pay them one months fee? Then claim the rest back? And what should i say to the bamk exactly? That i have been scammed and would like to claim the money back?

Sorry for so many questions people honestly clueless when it comes to this.

were CRS writing to you EACH MONTH they took the fee/charges telling you that £xx would be taken on XX date via your DD?

and they

were CRS writing to you EACH MONTH they took the fee/charges telling you that £xx would be taken on XX date via your DD?

They sent me emails and letters every time i missed a payment and they added 25 pound charges. Honestly

Dont think i have any of them.

No they dont count as notification that they are varying the dd each month

So under the dd guarantee you could reclaim them all from your bank

And no you dont have to tell the fleecers

and they

If you want to leave the gym, you can do so on the basis that Harlands/CRS have charged you admin fees that aren't lawful.

This won't affect your credit rating at all.

My advice would be to cancel now giving the gym 30 days notice, pay the final fee and then cancel the DD mandate. Don't reclaim any DD's that you've paid - just put this down to experience. This way you're less likely to have Harlands/CRS chasing you for many months.

If you DO want to reclaim some of the admin fees taken by Harlands/CRS using the DD mandate, let us know and we'll help. Answer the Q's 1 to 6 above for starters but with simple bullet-point answers.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

14 September 2018

Mr xx xxxxx

Xx xx xxxx street

Xxxxxxx

Dear Mr Xxxxx

Credit Resolution Services

Debt Collection Services - Tracing Services

Re: CRS Ref No: xxxxx

Xercise 4 Less Ref No: Xxxx

Following our letter dated 3 SEP 18, we have been advised that our resubmission for your instalment has again been declined "Refer to Payer".

A second £25.00 administration charge has been levied, resulting in the instalment now becoming due for £60.00.

Please call us on 01444 449 165. We can collect your arrears by Credit/Debit card, or discuss other payment options.

Should you not contact us by 24 September 2018, your instalment plan will be cancelled and we will take further action to recover your account balance.

Yours sincerely

For Credit Resolution Services

Nuria Manson Collections Department

CRS REF No: xxxxx

CRS HELPLINE: 01444 449 165

ACCOUNT BALANCE: £198.12

2nd Floor, Rockwood House, 9-17 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 3TW Tel No: 01444 449 165 Facsimile: 01444 449152 Email

Credit Resolution Services is a trading title of Harlands Services Ltd

Registered Office: 2nd Floor, 9-17 Perrymount Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex, RH16 3TW Registration No. 2982925

That is the latest email.

In relation to notifying i left the gym i cant even remember if i did i just had no money and the DD bounced i think.

Next thing ive got these idiots chasing me for about 140 quid.

Just give us simple answers as best you can to my Q's 1 to 6 please. Give short numbered replies thanks.

We don't need to see the whole of any Harlands/CRS letters.

Edited by slick132

1. Was this a 12 month or a rolling monthly agreement.12 month.

2. How long were you a member. Roughly 6 months.

3. Did you give notice to leave the gym, either to the gym or to Harlands. Not sure, possibly not.

4. If so, what date did you give notice.

5. When was the last NORMAL monthly gym fee paid by you. Early last year at some point i believe

6. How much have you paid since in adminicon fees. Ive gave about 150-200 to them in total not sure about admin fee’s.

pers i'd go reclaim all the unlawful payments to harlands, whatever they are for.

reset the whole thing back to the 1st DD failure then write and offer 1 months normal membership only with no fees

they've had you for a fool.

they cant do anything to you anyway.

and they

already told you read my replies in this thread from post 1

and they