Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2014

Default E-On Court Judgement for Claimant (in default) sent before any court papers

Hi everyone

My brother has received a lettericon today from the county courticon business centre that was headed Judgement for Claimant (in default)

It says you have not replied to the claim formicon (never received anything from the claimantt E-On) It is therefore ordered that you must pay the claimant £727.27 for debt and interest to date of judgement and £60 for costs.

My brother has never received any court papers or even letters threatening court. But now he’s had this in the post. I’ll uploadicon a scan of it but I’m not sure how to respond to the court document.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Andrew

Attached Images Attached Images
    We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.
    NatWest Problem *****Refunded*****
    Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group Andyorch's Avatar

Cagger since : Sep 2007

Default Re: E-On Court Judgement for Claimant (in default) sent before any court papers

Has he changed address within the last 5 years Ftgab19 ?

If so did he inform them of change of address?

If not and its his supplier whats the history of the debt...was there a dispute ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default Re: E-On Court Judgement for Claimant (in default) sent before any court papers

Hi Andy

He has moved address but e-on was our last suppler for the address we live at now.

I live with my brother but the debt wasn’t in dispute we just couldn’t afford to pay it.

The debt was with e-on’s recovery department.

We hadn’t heard anything for awhile then he got this letter.

We live in a world where seeing is not believing, where only a few know what really happened.
    Follows
    Following

the address the judgement states ...he has moved from there yes?
    and no longer has access to receive mail from that address...

so if he didn't inform creditors or owners of debt since the moved then theres not really a lot he can do sadly.
    never run away from debts...
    else backdoor CCJ's [as in this case] will appear and its then too late to do anything about them.

the judgement debt is for over £600 so there might well be bailiffs soon too.

tell us about the debt
    was it just old bills he did not pay that were owing when he moved?

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data costs
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

A redetermination ( N245) [if within the 14 days which is free] to vary the judgement into a manageable monthly repayment?
    you'll need to send an I&E form too I think

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

No we moved into the address on the court paper in Oct 2017.
    When we moved in the gas and Electric was with e-on.
    We was managing to pay it but we got a surprise bill when we changed suppliers and ending up falling behind.

We was getting letters saying we need to pay but we didn’t get any letters about going to court until today.

Follows
    Following

so you are [or were] at your present address using e-on

so under that information you reasonably assume that e-on know where your brother now lives..so why serve all the paperwork until judgement to the old address?

the judgement debt was billed in his name, is [or was ] the e-on account at your present address in his name too?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi dx100uk

We moved into the address were at now in Oct 2017. The gas and electric was with e-On when we moved in.

We managed to pay until about April/May 2018 then ended up falling behind on payments and by July it was with there debt recover department.

We didn’t get any letters after July then we got the court papers yesterday.

E-on didn’t know our old address so I don’t think they’ve sent them there I can only assume they wasn’t sent or got lost in the post.

Follows
    Following

ok shame you came back late the courts close at 4pm

you'll have to wait till Monday now
    but go give northants bulkicon a ring and ask for a copy of the CCJ and the claimformicon by email PDFicon.

if that's got your present address on it
    you have a reason to set the CCJ a side

but you'll also need a defence for the original debt,
    £700+ seems like a lot of debt for such a short period mind.
    when did you switch to your new supplier please?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi dx100uk what’s nothants bulk?

And I thought it was wrong too thought maybe 300 to 400 but not 700. Where would I find a case to research? And I’ll get the exact date for you but I think may/June

Follows
    Following

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Illegitimi non carborundum.

Follows
    Following

Sorry i left out the r
    northants bulkicon. Clickit

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Hi dx100uk

Can I email them to get the documents? Or will I have to wait to ring on Monday?

Thanks

Follows
    Following

quicker to ring
    email wont get seen till Monday anyway...

hover over the link in post 12
    you'll need the claim no from your uploadicon

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

No worries will call in the morning and update here

Follows
    Following

and?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Sorry I only got in late last night but my brother called them up on Monday and they said they don’t keep copies of the claim formicon and the document I already have the one I uploaded to here is the CCJ.

They sent me a copy of the particulars of claim that I’ll post here and they said the claim form was posted on the 17/08/2018 and the ccj was posted on the 11/09/2018

Particulars of claim

Regards THE CLAIMANTS CLAIM IS FOR MONIES OWED TO THE CLAIMANT FOR ELECTRICITY AND/OR GAS SUPPLIED TO THE PREMISES OF THE DEFENDANT. PURSUANT TO THE TERMS OF SUPPLY AGREED AND/OR DEEMED BY VIRTUE OF SCHEDULE 6 OF THE ELECTRICITY ACT 1989 AND/OR SCHEDULE 2B OF THE GAS ACT 1986 PAYMENT WAS DUE FOR ENERGY SUPPLIED NO LATER THAN 14 DAYS AFTER DELIVERY OF THE CLAIMANTS INVOICE.

THE DEFENDANT HAS FAILED TO PAY THE INVOICES RENDERED. ENERGY/INVOICES FOR (A) ELECTRIC - at.... INVOICES RENDERED UP TO AND INCLUDING 24 MAY 2018 - £710.15 AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS £710.15 AND £13.23 INTEREST PURSUANT TO S69 COUNTY COURTS ACT 1984 AT 8% PER ANNUM FROM DATE INVOICES BECAME DUE TO THE DATE HEREOF AND CONTINUING AT £0.16 (DAILY RATE) PER DAY UNTIL JUDGMENT OR PAYMENT

Follows
    Following

Ive removed the address!

So what address was that
    And what address was that served too?

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Sorry about that and that’s the address that’s on the CCJ the address we live at now and the one we had with e-on but nothing but the CCJ has been posted here

Follows
    Following

we are trying to establish if the claimformicon [not the CCJ, not the judgement] was served to your current address when they already knew it but was purposefully served to the OLD address so you never saw it and thus got a default judgement on purpose not giving you the chance to defend it.

your above post is clear as mud in trying to understand that.

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details