Cabot/restons Claim form - old vanquis card debt

dave466
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1786 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mostly statements I bet

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It has a witness statement attached and asks

1. To lift the stay and

2. To strike out the defence pursuant to cpr3.4(2) of the civilprocefure rules on the basis that it discloses no reasonable grounds for defending the claim and/or is an abuse of the court process, or

3. In the alternative to (2) above, an order for summary judgement against the defendant under part 24.2 of the civil procedures rules. The defendant has no real prospect of successfully defending the claim and there is no other compelling reason why the case should be disposed of at trial: and

4. That the defendant do pay the claimants costs on a contractual (indemnity) basis, pursuant to for 44.5

exhibits please...

8.i. no you havent..

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Okay I've had a look at the files you have uploaded.

You have about 17  files which you have uploaded. This is a relatively modest number and most of them are PDF files. That would be fine except that I've now had a look at some of them and I see that they are PDFs of photographs.

In other words what you have been doing is that you have been photographing documents and then combining those image documents into PDFs. This means that they are extremely large. For instance, I've discovered a document which you uploaded in 2018 which is made up of a 22 page PDF but which is almost 11 MB in size. That is huge. The reason that the PDF document is so huge is because instead of having scanned your documents, you are photographing them.

I'm very sorry but we simply don't have the capacity to carry this kind of data for people. We probably never made it clear but we expected that when people upload their files in PDF format, they would scan their documents so that the documents would be extremely legible and also take up a minimal amount of space.

You've been uploading photographs in PDF format. They are not especially legible and of course they take up a huge amount of space.

I don't know if you have a scanner but for £49 or so you can buy an excellent scanner from PC World which will last you ages. You can then scan documents very quickly into PDF format and upload files in multipage PDF format. This means that the people who look at the documents will be able to read them much more easily and also it won't cause such a heavy burden for us. We have limited server space. We are not able to afford bigger storage.

I'm afraid that in view of that I don't think I can do much to increase your file storage limit. I'm going to have to ask you to start managing your files by going through what you've uploaded and deleting stuff. I can imagine that some – maybe all of the files that were uploaded are no longer needed. The files are personal to you – in other words they probably aren't of a general value to the rest of the community so they may as well go.

After that, I would really ask you to review your practice in terms of uploading documents. Please get yourself a scanner. You can get a very good cannon scanner for about 49 quid – or even better one for about 60 quid from PC World. It will make life much easier for you and for the people on this forum who want to help you. It will reduce the load on our limited storage. And you will have the scanner available for all the other things that you might want to do for many years.

We are trying to figure that out. In the meantime I can delete some for you if you tell me the date range the you are happy to have deleted.

Okay. They're gone. However you still got about 30 MB worth of attachments in only nine files. This is because you are wrapping up your images in PDF.

Do I take it that you are trying to do the same thing again now?

Have a look at PC World. You can get the scanner for about 49 quid. They're pretty lightweight and you can get it delivered to you.

Otherwise, there may be an app in android or in Apple which will allow you to scan documents using your camera. However you need to be finding a way of uploading them as documents – not simply images wrapped up in PDFs. This is causing a huge problem

Want a secure email to send it all too?

and they

cant deal with photos then made to PDF.

you cant shrink them.

go buy a scanner soon..

I want the docs not a link

but never mind

use the handcuff [link] in the icons above these msg boxes

and insert the links

and they

The forms are at home and I am working away mate so wont be able to access them with a scanner until the weekend.

I have tried to send the actual files again via email.

Let me know if any better, if not I will try and get scanned and resent this weekend.

Just don't know what sort of timescale I have or if it's just a matter of next waiting to hear from the court?

Regards

Edited by dave466

You will be expected to submit a statement in response to their application which you must file and serve not less than 7 days pre hearing (when you get the hearing date)

Have they requested a hearing on the n244 Dave ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread