Pension started and frozen before marraige

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just a little advice please.

I had a works pension that was frozen some 8 years before I got married. My wife and I are going trough divorce and she seems interested in some of this pension.

Question is as the pension was paid into and frozen before we married is she entitled to some of it?

I am retired and disabled and claiming pension credit + enhanced PIP and Enhanced Mobility. the pension she is looking to have part of pays £42.27/Month

She is 58 and due to retire at 67. She has a work p\lace pension and she earns around 1,500/month her new partner earns about the same. wondering also if I am entitled to Spousal award, not that I want to claim any of it, just use it as a lever to get her off my back.

Thanks in anticipation

Ken

Hi.

I think your question is probably too complicated for an online forum. Do you have a solicitor acting for you?

Another avenue you could try is TPAS, the pensions advisory service who will advise you for free on the phone.

https://www.pensionsadvisoryservice.org.uk/news/tpas/divorce-and-pensions-things-to-think-about

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I would presume that this is a negotiating stance although some people will want to screw their ex for everything just for the sake of it.

All of these things are decided by the court if you cant reach an agreement. Dont forget, it is a 2 way street so perhaps you could suggest that you will be seeking part of her pension rights (her new partner's income and personal assets are irrelevant) and that it is more likely you will be successful in a claim than she will.

You will really need a lawyer to look after your interests but dont be lead by what they say they can do or might be able to get, just make it clear that you want a clean break.