Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.


Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Default Pension started and frozen before marraige

    Hi All,

    Just a little advice please.

    I had a works pension that was frozen some 8 years before I got married. My wife and I are going trough divorceicon and she seems interested in some of this pension.

    Question is as the pension was paid into and frozen before we married is she entitled to some of it?

    I am retired and disabled and claiming pension credit + enhanced PIP and Enhanced Mobility. the pension she is looking to have part of pays 42.27/Month

    She is 58 and due to retire at 67. She has a work p\lace pension and she earns around 1,500/month her new partner earns about the same. wondering also if I am entitled to Spousal award, not that I want to claim any of it, just use it as a lever to get her off my back.

    Thanks in anticipation


  2. #2

    Default Re: Pension started and frozen before marraige


    I think your question is probably too complicated for an online forum. Do you have a solicitor acting for you?

    Another avenue you could try is TPAS, the pensions advisory service who will advise you for free on the phone.


  3. #3

  4. #4

    Default Re: Pension started and frozen before marraige

    I would presume that this is a negotiating stance although some people will want to screw their ex for everything just for the sake of it.
    All of these things are decided by the court if you cant reach an agreement. Dont forget, it is a 2 way street so perhaps you could suggest that you will be seeking part of her pension rights (her new partner's income and personal assets are irrelevant) and that it is more likely you will be successful in a claim than she will.

    You will really need a lawyer to look after your interests but dont be lead by what they say they can do or might be able to get, just make it clear that you want a clean break.

Tags for this Thread

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details