Oakam Irresponsible Lending

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2011 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I emailed Oakam about 6 weeks ago regarding my irresponsible lending claim against them.

They wrote back a little over a month ago saying they needed four weeks to investigate and to expect a full response within eight weeks.

That was 5 weeks ago.

This morning I got an email from Lantern Debt Recovery Services Ltd. saying Oakam had sold my loan to them and I was to deal directly with Lantern from now on.

What should I do now? Just wait for Oakam to respond or start the whole thing again with Lantern or go to the FOS?

ignore MMF [lantern] for now or inform them by LETTER the loan is subject to an IRL complaint.

if oakham don't reply within 8 weeks from date of IRL sent everything to the FOS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Oakam have replied:

"Based on the checks completed and the information you had provided to Oakam, you were approved for a loan of £XXXX.

This is because you had displayed affordability to repay the instalments that would be due on the agreement.

Oakam notes that the full terms and conditions of the loan were made available to you prior to completing your loan agreement and you did have 14 days to cancel your agreement if you felt the product was unsuitable for you.

Thus, when you replied positively to the agreement; you were agreeing that you were financially able to manage the repayments due.

Based on the numerous checks that were carried out against your name during the application process, we have found insufficient evidence to support your claim that your loan was mis-sold to you."

their response is "you said you could afford it so we gave you the money" Even though I had 4 other short terms loans active at the time with other lenders.

What should my next move be? Or is that it?

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Usual nonsense

Off to the fos then

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...