Arnold Clark want to buy my car instead of honoring the warranty

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

Long story - bought car 13/08/2018

2 weeks later lots of warning lights - car into AC who sent to Audi who advised needs ABS computer and part on back order - roughly 2k to 3.5k to fix

AC have rung to say they're deciding whether they will just give me my money back.

so my questions are? do they have a right to do that? I want that car, it took me ages to find it

I'm in a hire car at the moment - I'm guessing will be better for them to put me in one of their vehicles so at least hire charges arent being added to their current bill

Where do I stand legally - my rights. I've paid to have the car professionally polished, paid insurance, bought mats for it etc etc

They're ringing me tomorrow but would love to know what rights I have

Thanks in advance

Gilly5001

They have no right to take the car from you. If they are unable to repair the car then they are obliged to replace it or to refund you at your option – although I have no doubt that you could insist simply that they cover the cost of repairs.

If they want to buy it from you then you are entitled to insist that they pay the improved value as a result of the all the work you have put on it

You've been here 2007 so no doubt you know all about recording your calls and so you have a recorder installed ready for tomorrow's conversation – yes?

Read our customer services guide

If this was on finance I would still get Arnold Clark to put it in writing just in case they forget to tell the Finance Company (more than likely GMAC) your then have evidence but if it was on Finance I would still make sure they are aware of all this (its Arnold Clark after all).

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 3 weeks later...

Hi no finance I bought it cash. Still waiting for the refund. It's dragging on waiting for them to recover the car and receive the key and log book.

Someone's told me I should complain but not sure where it would get me at this point