HPH2/Cohen Claimform - Old LLoyds Current Account OD ***Claim Discontinued***

Lucky2004
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2045 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I would like to announce a success for you to mark as won thanks to the help I received here if that's ok.

I received a County Court claim and came to this site. I had a look around and saw that it was easy to defend the claim myself so I didn't want to start a thread and increase the already high workload of the good people advising on here.

Firstly can I just say to anyone who is reading this that is in the same position, don't despair and as the advisers always say " READ OTHER THREADS " anyways here's my my story:

A claim was issued against me on 09/05/2018

I found other threads similar to mine

My defence was submitted on 20/05/2018 at 22:26:33

My defence was received on 21/05/2018 at 08:02:28

DQ sent to me on 04/06/2018

DQ filed by claimant on 11/06/2018

Again I came on this site and read other threads.

General Directions order was made on 30/06/2018

I filed a DQ on 01/07/2018

My claim was transferred to xxxxxxxxxx on 31/07/2018

Ok now this is where I got a little scared and started thinking that if they are carrying on with the claim they must think they have a good chance of winning.

Back to the threads and it seems I'm not the only defendant to think this at this stage, but after reading more advice and doing lots of swatting I got my confidence back. This is the point at which many defendants cave in and the DCAs know that. Ok onwards and upwards.

16th August 2018 I received this letter.

District Judge xxxxxxxxxx has considered the statements of case and directions questionnaire filed and allocated the claim to small claims track.

Unless the claimant does by 4pm on the sixth of September pay the court the trail Fedor £170.00 or file a properly completed application ( i.e one which provides all required information in the manner requested) for help with fees, then the claim will be struck out with effect from xxth September 2018 without further order and unless the court orders otherwise, you will be liable for the costs the defendant has incurred.

1. Claimant to send Court and defendant all documents it relies upon by xth September 2018 and bring ORIGINALS to hearing.

Included in documents shall be:

I) Copy of all agreements relied upon

Il) Copy of the account and sums claimed including details of all fees/changes claimed or included in the sum claimed.

III) Evidence of assignment of debt that claimant relies upon

IV) Any written statements of witnesses

2. Defendant to send the claimant and court all documents and statements he relies upon in response to the Claimants evidence by 4pm xxth September 2018

Now as you can probably guess I was quite happy and the claimant was probably quite unhappy. Now the claimant must have thought that:

1. I was really stupid or

2. I hadn't received a copy of the letter.

First they sent me a letter offering me 25% discount and they would not proceed, then a letter offering me 50% discount and they would not proceed and then, you guessed it, another letter offering me 75% discount.

Obviously I ignored them all, the clock for them was ticking.

On this xth September 2018 I received this letter from Howard Cohen & co. Solicitors:

We write further to the County Court claim that was issued against you on 9/5/18.

Following the issue of the claim against you, our client has instructed us to discontinue the claim with the court.

Please therefore find enclosed by way of service upon you a Notice of Discontinuance. We will also be notifying the Court that the claim has been discontinued accordingly. Please be advised that our client has now permanently closed your account and no further action is required on your part.

If you wish to discuss any aspect of this matter please contact our clients collection agents, Robinson Way on 0345 266 8876 ( no thanks, I'm fine thank you)

Well anyways, thanks to all that helped, I couldn't have done it without you.

I'll have to go through my notes and come back to thank you all personally.

So again, whoever is reading this, don't be scared, read through other threads and try and help yourself, you won't understand what you're doing or why your doing it if you expect the advisers to hold your hand every step of the journey.

The DCAs (Mafia), their solicitors (henchmen) are nothing but bullies who deserve a bloodied nose, get your boxing gloves on and come out fighting.

*****WON*******

Could someone also send a link so that I can donate.

Edited by Lucky2004

What was the debt please

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Could someone also send a link so that I can donate.

If you hover over the word 'Donate' in your post, there is a link for donations. Alternatively follow the link in either mine or DX's signature - many thanks and well done!

As DX asked, could you give a brief summary of what the debt was and the history as this will help others to better match their circumstances to yours?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Hi Sidewinder it was a Lloyds O/D. £1800, my o/d was only £1000. They sold it while we were discussing ways of getting rid of the charges and interest so that I could pay it of. I think it was just before the six years was up that I got the summons.

I've donated, the link came up on my post.

thanks for that info thread titled updated

you played a good hand there

done right these OD speculative claimforms rarely result in them winning as long as they are defended properly.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sadly the story doesn't end there. I received a letter when I got home. Apparently HOIST PORTFOLIO HOLDING 2 COMPANY have assigned the debt to HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 2 LIMITED.

Not that I'm bothered.

Was I lucky with the Judge do you think? Reading some other threads it seems some Judges are not so helpful.

Samelot

and they

Sadly the story doesn't end there. I received a letter when I got home. Apparently HOIST PORTFOLIO HOLDING 2 COMPANY have assigned the debt to HOIST FINANCE UK HOLDINGS 2 LIMITED.

Not that I'm bothered.

Was I lucky with the Judge do you think? Reading some other threads it seems some Judges are not so helpful.

Very well done lucky....great to see you followed all the advice and held your nerve.

With regards to the Judge....you do realise a judge has not actually see the claim or would see until the hearing date...The Claimant simply discontinued the claim because it could not comply with the directions.(just so your aware of the process)

But never the less great tenacity on your part.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread