Tumble dryer fires

karinelleno
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have one of the tumble dryer that were highlighted as a fire risk.

We did even have a fire in the dryer before the reported risk. The company came out and looked at it and changed something and said it was fine.

After the risk, they came out again and replaced whatever it was.

I have since had them out another 2 times as the plug and dryer get very hot and it trips the electric.

Both times they have said there is a fluff build up causing it, fixed it and have gone.

I am once again unable to use the dryer as it trips the electric.

I rely on my tumble dryer heavily as I have a disabled child with wetting problems so am really struggling with drying the clothes and bedding.

Can anyone offer any advice?

Please can you tell us when did you buy it, who did you buy it from, what makers it.

Who would also be a good idea to post up a bullet pointed chronology of events – referring to all the times that it has tripped the fuse or that somebody has been out to deal with it.

I think that frequency and regularity of occurrence would be important here

Please can you tell us when did you buy it, who did you buy it from, what makers it.

Who would also be a good idea to post up a bullet pointed chronology of events – referring to all the times that it has tripped the fuse or that somebody has been out to deal with it.

I think that frequency and regularity of occurrence would be important here

We bought it in 2013, it's a hotpoint tumble dryer.

We had a fire in it and of 2015 and they came out.

They then made the modification after the risk warning in January 2017.

They came out again towards the end of 2017 as it was tripping the electric after working for a while.

They came out again around feb/March 2018 for the same problem.

Now it trips the electric after it is on for a few minutes.

the earth leakage trip is unlikely to be the same issue as the fire hazard and could be either a design flaw or a fault with your particular machine that they havent used an engineer with the relevanmt skills to spot. I would suggest that they need to send smomeone with a decent grounding in electronics to put a suitabe probe on the machine before you switch it on and them monitor things like the neutral and earth whilst it is running and them hopefully spot what happened when it trips out. Testing it when it is cold and dry wont be enough, it need a soak test