New flu vaccine available this winter for those aged 65 and over

stu007
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1980 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

New flu vaccine available this winter for those aged 65 and over

A more effective flu vaccine is available this winter for those aged 65 and over, which could prevent deaths and reduce the burden on the NHS.

Delegates at the Public Health England (PHE) conference heard that a more effective flu vaccine for those aged 65 and over this winter has the potential to prevent deaths and significantly reduce the burden on the NHS.

The vaccine, available for the first time this year in the UK for those aged 65 and over, could reduce GP consultations by 30,000, hospitalisations by over 2,000 and prevent over 700 hospital deaths from flu in England, alleviating some of the health burden that seasonal flu places on the population, workplaces and the NHS.

READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-flu-vaccine-available-this-winter-for-those-aged-65-and-over

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 months later...

It's not just the over 65's that qualify for this, other people with some medical conditions can also get it... I'm in my 40's and since I ahd 2/3 of my stomach removed a few years ago... I am on full supplements and B12 shots for life, as well as getting the flu shot. I had mine last week because my body cannot absorb enough vitamins and minerals through normal means and that weakens my immune system.

It's always worth checking.