1st Credit/intrum/beever claimform - HSBC Credit Card Debt

NeoFuture
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1973 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Where do i start, i really need some advice, ill give you a bit of background information.

Around 6 years ago i got into some financial trouble, my business ran into trouble and i had to stop trading, this cause me to change my finances quite drastically and i had to get a job. a job i still do now.

I also lost my rented house a couple of years later and had to live in a caravan while my wife stayed with relatives, winding forward we managed to save enough for a deposit to buy a house last year, this had a knock on effect because we sold everything to get the house.

This caused me to default on some debts, and one of these was a credit card with £5k owing, for years I've heard nothing until recently the debt has been passed to Intrum Finance (who i believe are First Credit)

I have yesterday received a county court form to the value of £5900 ish (i don't have it with me) for a debt that was defaulted 5 years ago.... i will admit i did bury my head about my debts just to get through.

I have no savings and there is no way i can afford to give them this amount now, i know its my own fault, i got myself into this, but i never expected my financial circumstance to change so drastically.

if anyone can help, i would be eternally grateful

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Although the debt was defaulted five years ago, please can you tell us the last date that you made any payment. It would be helpful to know who the creditor was, what the original debt was, if there have been any charges and is any chance that there has been any PPI

I cant remember when the last payment was made, token payments were made for a little while after the issues i had, original creditor was HSBC this was passed to First Credit who i believe rebranded to Intrum Finance UK Limited original debt was £5185 i did make some token payments back when the issues first happened that took it down to £5094 and the date of default was 20/11/2013 the debt is no longer on my credit file as HSBC, i doubt there was PPI but again im unsure. sorry im not much help with the specifics it was 5 years ago

Thread moved to Financial Legal Issues Forum in view of the claim form received...please continue to post here to your thread.

If you could read the following link and then copy and paste the Qs and your responses back here for further advice on how to deal with the claim pack.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?419198-You-have-received-a-Claim-What-you-need-to-do.-**UPDATED-2018**

Regards

Andy

Thread title amended

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Name of the Claimant ?

INTRUM UK FINANCE LIMITED

THE OMNIBUS BUILDING

LESBOURNE ROAD

REIGATE

SURRY

RH2 7JP

Date of issue 04 Sep 2018

Particulars of Claim

What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim?

1.The Claimant is the assignee of a Hsbc Bank Plc Debt in the sum of £5404.82 assigned on 23/06/2016.

Statutory notice of assignment were sent to the Defendant.

2.On 01/03/2018 The Claimant changed its name from 1st Credit (Finance) Ltd to Intrum UK Finance Ltd. The debt is a Credit Card account first opened by the original Creditor on or about 13/04/2012 User reference number ****************. The Defendant used the credit facilities.

3.On 20/11/2013 the account Defaulted with an outstanding balance of £5185. The Claimant and its Predecessors in title demand repayment

Of the sum due. In breach of contact the Defendant failed to repay the sums due.

4.AND THE CLAIMANT CLAIMS

1. The sum of £5,094

2. Statutory INTEREST pursuant to S.69 County

Courts Act 1984 at 8% per annum from 27/11/2017 until Judgement or sooner payment.

Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? Not that I am aware

What is the total value of the claim? 5914.82

Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card

When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ? After

Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ? Not as Hsbc, only as Intrum, and the history of the account (payments and other details are missing)

Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Claim is not being made by HSBC so I assume its a debt purchaser

Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No, I was never informed by HSBC

Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes

Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Default sums” – at least once a year ? Not that I am aware

Why did you cease payments? Difficult change in financial circumstances, my business went under and I had to close it down and take a job with a significantly lower income.

What was the date of your last payment? It says on the credit file Nov 2013, but I was in a debt management plan for a while, and was making token payments as the HSBC debt is not showing on my credit file anymore I can’t find out these dates,

Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved? No, this was down to personal issues

Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes, I spoke to HSBC and informed then I was entering a DMP, I was in the DMP for a while but circumstances got worse and the charges by the Debt Management company were more than they were paying to my creditors, the Debt Management company has since stopped trading

Edited by dx100uk
format

Now refer back to the link in my post #5...you need to send off a few requests.

CCA to the Claimants for a copy of this agreement and also CPR 31.14 to the Solicitor acting for copies of any documents referred to within their particulars of claim.

Action the above over the weekend.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

don't forget MCOL [AOS]

whos the solicitors?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pop up on the MCOL website detailed on the claimform.

register as an individual

note the long gateway number given

then log in

select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box.

then using the details required from the claimform

defend all

leave jurisdiction unticked.

click thru to the end

confirm and exit MCOL.

get a CCA Request running to the claimant

leave the £1PO blank and uncrossed

get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors

type your name ONLY

no need to sign anything

you DO NOT await the return of paperwork.

you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:-D

and they

there is no harm in researching what your defence might be and the process going fwd

use the search CAG box of the top red toolbar

claimform credit card

and they

I have received this letter from Intrum today, am I right in saying there is nothing they can do to stop the automatic judgement and if I did not defend then it would be entered against me anyway, a bit of a snide way to get a judgement... they say they will allow another 30 days until they have the docs I requested

IMG_0339.jpg

PDF please

Read upload

and they

Safe to ignore

Std rubbish

Don't miss def filing date

and they

• 2 weeks later...