Student loan and universal credit

ParalysedWithFear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok thank you. I am starting to feel a bit more clearer. I should have taken more care, and the situation is not ideal , especially with my recent DRO and health problems, and I should told the job centre immediately not a year later, but as soon as I realised the errors i took action to try and resolve so hopefully they won't be too harsh on me.

One last questiin, I read any amount over 2k means court. Is this just for fraud or overpayment too?

Will update once I know more and in the meantime try to go to the doctors and get my mood a bit more stabilised. As you can probably tell everything is just so overwhelming and the lady at the CAB saying benefit fraud has been in my head and all my internet search es. I'm exhausted mentally and physically

P.s you all have been amazing tolerating my over thinking and obsessing. I really need to get reassessed by the doctor as I never used to have these symptoms. Been checking my door is locked 5-6 times in a row...going back home to triple check. Googling cancer all every every day. It's not right.

Edited by ParalysedWithFear

Not true about £2k + meaning court. People have Government debts of tens of thousands and have not been taken to court.

Fraud is usually where people have used deception i.e. They deliberately gave false information, knowing they would receive benefits they were not entitled to receive.

From your information, it is just an overpayment, because you did not keep Uinversal Credit informed of changes.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

No wasn't fraud as thought student loan company would have been in touch to sort repayment. As I said during the course of trying to deal with so many things at once it didn't cross my mind to say thing about it and forgot as was swallowed up by debts. It not for this DRO I wouldn't have remembered at all. I guess if I had carried on with uni and not said anything it might be more serious, but was only there a day.

My grand plan was to get a loan to cover my living costs as the student loan would have ended up as £1100 in fees and £500 to last 5 months. When I say down realised how stupid that was as was in debt already and had no way of paying it back.

That one day I attended uni to enrolled i felt 'normal '.

Hard to describe but felt like I was worth something, a glimmer of hope at a dark time.

Just would have been the worst time as did sofa surfing, in debt and going through a terrible time mental health wise.

Would last wage from work be fraud though ?

That was for a time worked before I put in the UC claim , but got paid for during the 7 waiting days and outside assessment period, but it's still earnings.

Like you said maybe they were aware of it but will still mention as don't want any other worry later on

I have an email conversation from employer back then.

The last day I was at work was 9th or 10th August 2017.

However my old doctor signed me off work due to the stress i was under, then over that weekend i was kicked out, so the offical resignation was on 17th August (still in the waiting days)

during that time I had to sort various things, plus to and fro emails from employer was wanting confirmation i resigned as I guess they could not sack someone who is ill.

The question online when I first claimed said when was the last day I worked, so that's what I put, 10th august. what a mess .

I know I'm over thinking again, I apologise, will leave you to get on with your sunday now, I know I'm being annoying over things several times. I really appreciate you being patient with me.

Last wages if not considered by UC would also be overpayment of UC and not fraud.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hello.., I've had a very tough few days....I won't go into detail but it involved many hours at the hospital.

I haven't had time (or the health ) to edit my letter to the job centre much and the appointment is coming up soon.

The one friend I have left helped me with what they could and we removed some bits but couldn't stay with me too long as had other commitments

I know one bit of advice was to just stick to the facts and no reasons, but I feel i have to explain fully to try and avoid any interviews as I wouldn't have anyone to attend with me and cant cope alone. I should be focusing on my health but can't until this is sorted.

I think due to the way the assessment periods fall i may owe an extra m month uc as the period the student loan was supposed to cover runs 1 week into the next assessment period and I read the dwp don't calculate the income on a pro rata basis.

Every time I look online I see something else to worry about.

Although due to being so stressed i am probably reading things incorrectly.

• 4 weeks later...