Help, Harlands demanding fees.

RyanB96
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2043 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I had a 12-month membership since Sept 2016 with Xercise4LEss. £9.99 a month, I was a uni student.

I didnt realise it rolled over onto an automatic monthly membership.

earlier this year I realise I was still paying for a membership I no longer used (I've now finished university).

I went into the branch and asked the guy at the desk and he said it has to be done online.

I went to cancel online, and I didnt have my "W-Number". -> Could not cancel.

This was the nottingham branch of Xercise4Less.

I now live in London.

It did happen a second time I was going back to Nottingham, and I popped in again and was told it has to be done online and I should ring a number.

I rang the number and it said something like "hi this is X4L customer services. Busy atm. Leave your number, we'll get back to you" ->> Left my number, they never came back to me.

I then just cancelled the direct debit because obviously already been paying £120+ for a membership I wasnt using (didnt know I was paying for!!).

I got an email saying I had to pay £25 admin fee.

I sent a complaints email to customer services.

They didnt bother to respond to my complains but simply put "you have to pay"

More emails were exchanged back and forth..time went by and then it went from a "you have to pay £25 admin + 2 months membership (~£45) to I now have to pay £69.98.

7th September is the deadline for paying that otherwise it is passed on to a "debt recovery company" or something and they threaten the fees will increase significantly.

My question is this:

1) What would you advise I do?

2) Can HArdlands/this debt recovery company they use etc. FORCE me to pay?

3) Can / Will they take me to court of £70?

4) Should I pay, or should I ignore?

Many thanks!

Ryan

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Nothing

No

No

Always ignore

Block their emails and bounce them

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Agree with DX. Theyre chancers. None of their fee's are enforceable, so all they do is send nasty letters hoping you think they have some basis in reality and pay them

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Hi Ryan,

Read other threads here and you'll find all the info you need to realise Harlands/CRS are chancers who make empty threats about alleged debts they simply cannot enforce.

Next you will hear from CRS who are simply Harlands in disguise. They pretend to be a separate debt recovery firm but they are part of the Harlands outfit.

This will not affect your credit rating at all.

In my opinion, you gave the gym staff notice to quit and they WRONGLY advised that you have to do this online. The gym should have accepted your notice to quit AND they should have advised you to pay 1 final monthly fee before cancelling the DD mandate. So this is all THEIR fault and not yours.

In reply to your Q's above :-

1. As DX says, do nothing and ignore demands and threats.

2. No

3. No

4. Ignore

This was all caused by X4Less staff failing to tell you how to properly end the gym agreement. So Harlands/CRS can make all the threats they like but that does NOT make their demands or threats valid.

Read other threads for encouragement.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Holidays forum

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yep

and they