Katie Chamberlain – smile cloud services, claims management unsolicited call

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2008 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Frankly I feel that it's probably a bot. I don't know if there's a real Katie Chamberlain or whether they have simply picked some name out of the blue and I can't see what it has to do with smile cloud services

Anyway, here's the recording of an unsolicited call.

call_16-52-49_IN_01130859953.mp3

Internet searches seem to show that this is not an isolated case.

If anyone has further information as to how it works then please post it here.

This call was recorded automatically on an android mobile phone.

Read our customer services guide

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The lovely Katie phoned me this morning to ask about the accident which I had been involved in. It does actually sound like the same person in the clip. I am normally quite polite but having had so many of these calls I was rather abrupt today. I normally just ask them to confirm my name or the registration number of the vehicle I was driving and that is enough for them to put the phone down. If you ask where their information came from they make some vague comment about the 'Motor Accident Department'

I think they quite literally phone numbers either at random or which are on a generic list created for some other purpose

EDIT - having now done a little reading it seems that I might be arguing with a bot programmed to respond to yes/no answers. Who knew huh?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Search on the same phone number....

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/01213890806

https://www.google.com/search?q=01213890806&oq=01213890806&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Birmingham phone number...London address on the website.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

I had one of these calls yesterday from Katie!

The voice did make me think it was a bot, but it seemed to almost be responding to what I was saying about having never had an accident.

It was a Leeds number that called me though, 0113 073 5418

Then again these ambulance chasers are so stuck to their scripts that I think I would've gotten the same responses from a human being.

Sounds like Call Centers that chase everything from washing machine warranties to Motor Accidents but using different phone numbers.

• 2 weeks later...

Friend of mine received a call like this and agreed she had an accident whilst driving her husbands car. They got all excited and started to go through the process. So the accident was wife driving husbands car hit her car driven by husband on their drive. This confused them as they were now not sure if you could claim from your own insurer whilst insured with another insurer. Had them going for a good 20 minutes on speakerphone in the office. They eventually hung up. Not productive but a bit of fun that stopped them hassling others for a while.

I have been getting these calls on a regular basis. When I'm in the mood I go along with them until they put me through to the 'proper' ambulance chaser who quickly hang up when I start to complain.

This 'woman' (BOT) responds to certain key words and if you say yes to the question, they put you through. If you speak total rubbish to them, it gets confusing and they hang up.

I haven't been able to get the name of the ambulance chaser as yet but when I do the faecal matter will hit the spinning air mover. It is always on my mobile, never my landline but both numbers are registered with the TPS.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

These people use several numbers. The website is registered to an office in Dubai. The are operated by E-Prospects Media DMCC, who are in turn operated by Ocapo Ltd: Finally, you get somewhere:

They have a UK address and two "directors" :

Chong-Min hong CXH01836 Active

Gareth Glen Jefferies GGJ00014 Active

I'm not able to post links, but google is your friend....

They are happy to pester us with phone calls but go to great lengths to hide behind a company that operates a company that operates a company. Feel free to dig further......

call_11-54-35_IN_+442081256155.mp3

Here's another - probably the same company but using a different name

Morning,

I can't seem to be able to play the file. Comes up as corrupted.

Since my last post, I have had no more calls. Perhaps they have given up?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE