50r Performing a prohibited turn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2056 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey All,

I have tried to do some research on this but I have found this forum and hope you can help.

I came back from holiday yesterday and have received a Unpaid Traffic Penalty Charge..

The offence was dated 11/07/2018 and the Date of issue for the certificate was 04/09/2018..

The letter states the following

"This certificate is hereby served as payment of the following penalty charge has not been made"

it says that I have lost the right to appeal to either the council or to the TPT and they have increased the penalty charge..

Now I did make this turn as I was following the Satnav.. didn't see a sign.. I have checked google maps and it is signed..

What I am looking for advice on is that this letter I received was the 1st communication that I have received about this offence.. I have had nothing previously about this..

The letter has come just shy of 2 months after the offence date and they are saying that my charge has increased and I have lost the right to appeal.. even though this is the 1st letter I have received...

Does anyone know where I stand with this?

Thanks in advance

Using sat nav, not Mk1 eyeball. Pay the penalty!

If you read the above...

I'm not arguing the fact I have made the error.... I did make the turn..

I was seeking advice on the fact this is the 1st letter i have received 2 months after the offence date telling me I haven't responded to a letter I haven't received there increasing my penalty!

Edited by Pav1990

Are you saying that you have not received anything previous to this? If so you need to ask the Council what address all previous communications have been sent to.

I am bud yeah. so this is the 1st correspondence that I have received. I'm not debating the offence.. as I did it.. I would just prefer to pay the reduced rate..

Lord Justice Dyson once told me that any date on a letter starts from the time you received it personally.

If you never received the first notice, then write to them and explain that fact.

Past experiences have shown me a lot of times the first letter was never sent out to start with.

You are not alone as this is a common practice.

Lord Justice Dyson once told me that any date on a letter starts from the time you received it personally.

Unless his Lordship said so as part of a binding judgment, expect the Interpretation Act to be quoted if you or the OP try and rely on this.

If you never received the first notice, then write to them and explain that fact.

Past experiences have shown me a lot of times the first letter was never sent out to start with.

You are not alone as this is a common practice.

Again, unlikely to be much help to the OP unless they can demonstrate this to be the case.

Is the vehicle registered in your name at your current address?

Is it a hire/ lease/ personal finance vehicle?

Wait for the Order for Recovery and make a witness statement that you did'nt receive the pcn. This sets it back to the NtO stage.

Much more practical / applicable advice.