Failed response to challenge on PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Wondered - I recieved a parking ticket on 16th July and challenged it the same day.

I had heard nothing from local authority so emailed them to check they had received it. I received a response 3 days later saying they had a backlog and challenge will nont be addressed for another 2/3 weeks.

Is there a time limit for them to respond to a PCN challenge?

It does seem silly that they do not have a time limit if I hadn't paid their ticket for this length of time then they would have sent it to the baliffs by now.

They did assure me that the account (ticket) was on hold and would not increase until they had considered it. Mind you I doubt they will accept the challenge as I was legally parked I just had set the time wrong on my badge due to a receipt obscuring the clock in the car I read 11:30 as 1:30 I have no sense of time so didn't realize until I saw the ticket.

I did send them photos showing how the clock was obscured - but for them to accept the challenge they would have to view the circumstances with a human response :lol: not much chance of that hey.

I would be happy if they take their time about it. Are you really in a rush to get a charge to pay?

Whether they accept your appeal or not, you can post here for advice if you provide some details. You may get a human response from them, but it's important you appeal in the right way - don't assume they are your enemy, or it will count against you.

In this instance the error was mine without a doubt - however it wasn't an intentional action - I'm just have no concept of time if I did I would have realized it wasn't 1:30 - If they reject the challenge I will pay as I have no grounds to take it to appeal - unless they take into considerations my cognitive difficulties?