PCN from AS parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a Parking Charge Notice on my windscreen on holiday.

We had purchased a ticket and displayed it correctly, but it was displayed backwards on the dashboard.

I have a pic of how it was which, along with speaking to the next car, suggests it fell forward with the wind as the door closed. Yes, I know we should have triple checked but getting two young children out of the car and raincoats, bags on a miserable wet day we didn't.

we now have a £100 charge notice.

I have read on forums to wait for a Notice to Keeper (the parking company is member of IPC not BPA).

From my research I think the right thing to do is:

*Wait for Notice to Keeper, which should arrive by day 56

*Appeal, but do not disclose the driver

*Appeal with Independent Agency, as AS parking are likely to deny the appeal

Have I got this right?

I do feel quite anxious waiting when I have the ticket to prove I paid so am I better to appeal now?

IT does clearly state on their signs that ticket has to be displayed correctly, but it isn't a sticky ticket so Im guessing this problem has occurred quite often.

I have private plates which I need to put back on my car- will this effect the parking companys chance of getting details from DVLA?

Many thanks inadvance for all your help

Nic

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Await the ntk!

Pers plate change wont hurt no

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

NTK has to arrive within a certain time and MUST comply with certain provisions.

Also, as states, you already paid for the ticket, so theres nothing they can do anyway.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thank you all for your reply. I will wait it out then! When I get the notice to keeper, what are the provisions I need to look for? Or am I better to post again on here to see what you lot think? Thanks again

Dont worry about that for now. When/IF you get the NTK, come back here and we will advise further

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

you could always read a few threads here and get upto speed yourself?

whilst waiting...

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hang on to the ticket and the notice they slapped on the car. Post up the latter if you can with the reg number and any barcodes etc redacted. the reason for ticketing yu must match one of the terms in the contract offered by the signage.

Location of car park please

and they

• 2 months later...
Dont worry about that for now. When/IF you get the NTK, come back here and we will advise further

Thanks!

Finally got the NTK- on day 86! I’ve checked the criteria and it seems to include everything, apart from bring after 56 dats and doesn’t provide any evidence. Neither does it offer a discount for prompt payment.

What do I do now?

Thanks

you keep it safe and studiously ignore them for the moment.

You also make a complaint to th DVLA about the obtaining of your keeper details without reasonable cause and then complain to the ICO about the DVLA for allowing these bandits to obtain your details without showing they had a reason to do so.

The DVLA caims thyey have a quality asurbnace to make sure tht companies dont misuse the facilities but that involves asking 1 parking co to tell them why they got the details regarding 2 applications in a year when over 300000 applications for data are made and even then the DVLA doesnt follow up what the parking co says, it takes them at their word.

Post up the NTK so we can advise you on what else they have got wrong, it is usual to be more than just that.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 3 months later...

Ok quick update- so I now have a final notice for payment, stating that if I don’t pay within 14 days they will commence enforcement action ie. debt recovery and or county court proceedings. Just checking I’m doing the right thing by ignoring this and any other letters until I (hopefully don’t!) receive a LBC?

Many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

I’m sorry I haven’t got round to that yet- life took over and As I hadn’t heard I naively thought they may have dropped it! But my car in having service today so going to spend the day doing those letters- are there any templates? 

Also I have had my first debt letter and it says if you don’t believe you’re liable to call them, as if I don’t then I am accepting liability. Do I still ignore this?? Many thanks 

No template

• Thanks 1

and they

Ignore the DCA's letters. They cant do a single thing, although they will claim they can.  And if you dont contact them, then youre admitting youre liable? In what reality do they think that is realistic or logical?

• Thanks 1

of course you ignore the dca. they cnat create a liability by inertia, it is just a way they have devised to egt you to drop yourself or someone else in it.

TYhey are relaint on your ignorance to earn themselves and their paymasters a crust. gte reading up on parking and dca's and you will then know how it all works.

• 2 weeks later...

So made a complaint as registered keeper to dvla, and they replied saying they need my number plate to look into it! Very interesting that they can’t locate my number plate from my name and address but yet they can find my name and address when the parking company gave  them my reg plate!! 

MP reply was also very general, just saying that they recognise the problem and hope the sir Greg Knight bill gets passed- should I expect any more than this? 

Edited by Nic11
Spelling

try writing to them properly, thye know it is a problem so will use your lack of forward planning to delay sending you the correct info

you need to ask tyhem who accessed your details for vehicle reg no xx11yyy on what date and what was the reason stated for doing so  and did they use the KADOE automated system?

I am more than capable of writing properly, it was an oversight, I was simply stating that I find the reply quite amusing that they refuse to give the info the other way. I did ask for that info, though I didn’t know about the KADOE so thanks for that. 

I didnt say you werent capable and didnt intend to infer that either but you must remember you are dealing with a branch of the civil service so you have to be exact. The DVLA are in bother for their money grubbing and the way they dish out people's personal data without any real checks as to why it is requested so they wont wnat to give you a straight answer if they can possibly avoid doing so.

When asked about qualitycontraol their metodology for making sure the KADOE system isnt being abused is to ask PE  about 4 requests in a particular year ( not every year, that would be a bit burdensome) and then ask for reassurance that PE hadn abused the system. When PE said they hadnt that was the end of the exercise.

My thoughts are that the DVLA should ask for reports on every court claim they lost and then if there was a systemic abuse of the process th parking co culpable should be forced to go back to a manual request system and justify every request ut as the DVLA makes a few million a year out of the misery they cause they aren tgoing to upset the crooks and chancers

• Thanks 1

Sadly for DVLA GDPR does apply to them, just need them to cut their own throats with a flippant denial then go for their jugular.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!