Robinson Way, surprise letter supposed abbey debt

NGNH2018
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1939 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi both, I’m much more confident that they’re in the wrong and I’ve got nothing to deal with, so I will again email them (if they continue) stating the guidelines on nuisance calls (as already asked for all correspondence to be written).

Thanks again, all.

I wouldn't bother

just invites pointless letter tennis

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

NEVER EMAIL THEM, that will only give them a free method to harass you for evermore.

Hi both, I’m much more confident that they’re in the wrong and I’ve got nothing to deal with, so I will again email them (if they continue) stating the guidelines on nuisance calls (as already asked for all correspondence to be written).

Thanks again, all.

to add to the above, no point emailing them. They already know the law and regulations. They just dont care about it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

to add to the above, no point emailing them. They already know the law and regulations. They just dont care about it.

Hi renegade, (and eric’s brother) I set up an email specifically to deal with then. As soon as the matter is put to bed, I shall never use the email again!

so they don't know where you live?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

they doesn't mean they official know

it could be a phishing letter to see if you respond...

if you don't they'll go for a backdoor CCJ at the last known address that you told the OC or them in WRITING you were resident at.

get it yet?

and they

you could SAR them and if they have stuff that is incorrect you can complain to the ICO about the people who gave them the wrong data as well as telling them to stop processing it and destroy the wrong stuff.

Any company that give another duff personal data is obliged to tell that company they have got it wrong and that it should be corrected as well as self -reporting to the ICO for their error.

I bet hardly anyone does this though so you have some leverage there.

Yes, they sent a letter to my house.

send them an CCA request then.

no paperwork no debt.

if you think a DCA will ever leave you alone

you are living in cloud cuckoo land

the only way is to prove its either SB'd or not your debt

and without paperwork neither is possible.

its all DCA's can do is hassle anyway..

and they

I’m happy they aren’t going to come knocking!

so what if they do

a dca is not a bailiff

and they

As already stated they probably sent you the letter because your name is J Smith and they have a John Smith whose last address was near to you so they assume that you are one and the same.

I have an unusual name but there is 1 person in the UK with the same first name and surname as mine and this month Equifax put his bank account summary into my credit report.

They blame the bank of course so if one of us was a wrong un you can bet that the debt collectors would be calling on the other pretty soon.

that is most likely why you are being chased,

they normally start with a local search when they have a surname and initial as people tend to stay close to their roots when they move so if your name is Fred Smith and live in Walsall they will bother every F smith in that area and hope someone bites.

If they get a response from Frank Smith telling them to get lost they fill in a bit more of the jigsaw and if they get no response they widen the search area to the county. They will also have a trawl through facebook and other other publicly accessible places to try and find a possible match and then use the information about age, town, school they went to and so forth to narrow it down. Some of the tracing co's will do anything to get info, telling lies to get people to talk is a simpe method.

I have a friend who used to do court enfocement and serving of papers and a tactic he used was to set a radio scanner to the police frequency for where he was and then report a minor incident like an abandoned vehicle or suspicious activity at an address and listen to what was relayed to the beat coppers by control.

that would normally give him what he needed or if it was no good he would just tell the copper who pitched up that the car had gone, he was mistaken by a fox knocking a bin or whatever.

All our online activity makes us all easier to find

• 1 month later...

Hi Subaru, funnily enough, I do have an update.

I received a letter from RW on the weekend (roughly, as I don't have the letter to hand) stating that

"Robinson Way can't prove the debt, have no evidence of a debt, although you definitely did have a debt, but we still want you to pay the debt."

What I thought was kind was that RW had said they'd contacted the original creditor (which they don't actually know who it is, or have any proof of any debt), and have asked them not to proceed with legal recovery (and I quote) "as the debt is unenforceable"

They are absolutely clutching at straws, and I'll be replying stating that any further contact will be deemed as harassment and I shall be reporting them.

RW = Cretins.

No ignore

and they

• 3 weeks later...

I ignored, so Robinson Way called me, asking me to confirm ALL of my details. I told the 'lady' that she could tell me the details as she called me.

She then said "due to GDPR, I (me) have to confirm the details", so I replied "due to GDPR, you have no right to my information, and I shall be reporting RW", at which point she argued there "was a legitimate business interest" in RW having my info, so I asked what it was, the line went quiet and then she said "I'll remove your number from our database".

Utter, utter morons.

you should never ever speak on the phone about your debts....

esp to a no powers DCA

they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers.

:madgrin:

and they