Cash Converters Refund Issue***Refunded***

thecookiemonster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a mobile phone online from cash converters recently, I returned it last Tuesday, a day after receiving it as I changed my mind.

No problems at all I thought, the day after I sent it back I received a parcel which I had to sign for that I wasn't expecting and it was a camera bag, I binned it as even though it was addressed to me I didn't know who it was from and wasn't expecting it.

I was told by Cash Converters on Thursday that my refund had been processed and it would take up to 5 working days for the refund for the phone to be back in my account.

However, yesterday I received an email stating that they had sent a camera bag to me by mistake that was meant for another customer and that they won't be refunding me for the phone until the camera bag is returned.

So the email I received on Thursday stating my refund had been processed was obviously a lie.

The bin men came yesterday so I no longer have the camera bag.

What is the situation now and where do I stand?

Thank you.

urm difficult one

you binned their property but it was their mistake and now they want to penalise you for it

don't think they can do that IMHO

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It may well have been processed. Our accounts team process payments every day, but they then go for approval and even after approval they sit for a few days waiting on the the transaction at the bank finally happening. Up to the point the bank process it the payment can be stopped.

Can I ask was there no paperwork with the camera bag. Everything I have had from them had something that related back to the store that issued it. Would it not have been reasonable to give them a call?

I don't see that they could hold your phone credit, but I expect they will certainly try to deduct the cost of the bag.

Thanks for the replies.

No there wasn't any paperwork which is why I had no idea who it was from and obviously wasn't expecting it.

I think penalising me for their mistakes would be harsh and I fully intend on fighting it.

I'll give them 7 days from now to get the refund to me, if no refunded in full I'll have to take it to the small claims I gues, hopefully won't come to that.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well done thread title updated.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread