sofology - Consumer Rights- paying deposit in cash and balance by credit card

Axelkev
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2033 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a 2 x sofas and 1 x armchair from Sofology on 30/08/2018 (cost inc delivery, furniture protection) £3783.50 of which £400. 00 deposit was paid by bank cheque card, the balance is due prior to delivery which I intend to pay by credit card.

Due to the numerous complaints now noted with this company, as well as other high st furniture retailers, I want to be aware of what my consumer rights are if I encounter any of the complaints already noted eg, sagging sofa, poor quality construction, poor quality leather in terms of wearing excessively.

I am sorry for the hypothetical question but I want to be forewarned as to what steps I should take in such circumstances and under what act etc.

Many Thanks

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

Read the sofology threads here

Is the best way

Use the search cag box of the top red toolbar

Sofology

Youll have the extra protection of sec 75 too

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks for the prompt reply, I have followed numerous links and have saved them for easy future reference, but just one more basic question: if I have purchased 3 items - 2 x 2 seater sofas and 1 x armchair but only one item, for arguments sake - one of the sofas, develops an unacceptable fault, can all of the items be rejected (I would have thought so as it is a "matching set" that I have purchased but at times the law can be an a**.