Martsons for unknown Motoring fine on a scrapped vehicle **WON AT REDUCED COSTS TO MYSELF AND NO FEES**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Court Fines do not show on your Credit History. If you think you have a High Court Judgment as a result of a CCJ or similar then this would show until it is 6 years old - do you have such a thing?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've been trying to find out why my credit score has plummeted so much (999 to 540!) as this probably my main concern now. We're due to remortgage in 2 years!

So...I think it's been put on the Public Register as well as the warrant. Whether it's due to a default on the fine or a high court judgement I'm not sure.

Say Stat Dec is accepted and I pay the fine upfront, does that mean it will be removed from the register and my credit rating will improve again? Would a N443 be a possibility?

I see no reason why your Stat Dec should not be accepted. If so, in the highly unlikely event that your court fine had been registered with Registry Trust, the entry would be removed.

Once you have received a copy of your credit report, please post back.

If you’ve been given a magistrates’ court fine it’s important you pay it. If you don’t, the court can:

take the money from your wages or benefits

send bailiffs to your home to collect what you owe - you'll have to pay bailiff's fees as well as your outstanding fine

‘register’ the fine - this means the fine will stay on your credit history for 5 years and might stop you from getting credit in the future

In extreme cases you could be put in prison, but normally only if the court thinks you’re deliberately not paying.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/help-with-debt/dealing-with-urgent-debts/paying-a-court-fine/

Why not check now....?

https://www.trustonline.org.uk/understand-judgments-fines/searching-the-registers/the-registers-for-judgments-and-fines

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I've checked my credit report and low and behold a CCJ was issued in my name from an address I lived at in 2016. CCJ was only applied in April of this year. I will ring up and find out what it's for tomorrow.

Again, absolutely no idea what it could be for. My husband has checked his and there's nothing there.

I imagine it's something to do with the car. Probably a PCN or something.

Is there absolutely anything I can do about this? I've tracked down the business who I sold it to and the address and phone number. I know they'll never admit to it and are ignoring my texts and phone calls.

the CCJ will be nothing to do with this - having a SORN car on a public road - etc

so go start a new thread on it

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

Hi,

So I had my hearing today.

The lady who brought me in actually said it wasn't necessarily seen as a Stat Dec but more or a means test as I was pleading guilty.

They managed to reduce the £660 fine to £43 due to my maternity pay.

The bailiff fee was waived and some of it was legal costs/back duty which couldn't be touched.

In the end the total amount owed has gone from £1369 to £350. Result!

I want to say a massive thank you to everyone for their help.

Had I listened to Citizen's Advice, I'd be £1000 worse off.

I urge anyone reading this to take advice from the experts on here, particularly Bailiff Advice.

Thanks again.

Edited by dx100uk
specing

well done cag

marked as won at reduced costs to me

dx

please consider a donation to keep this forum here and running.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Whilst your kind words are very much appreciated, it is having posters such as you returning back to the forum to update on the outcome of their hearing that we all rely upon.

By way of example, following updates over the past 2 weeks, I was curious to read your comment that the Magistrate had taken your CURRENT income (maternity pay) into consideration when re-calculating the new fine. In two other cases where people have attended Statutory Declarations hearings over the past two weeks, the magistrates had asked the defendants what their income had been at the time that the initial fine had been set (which in one case, was 11 years ago !!!)

Edited by dx100uk
dx

Wow...interesting to hear. Doesn't really make sense if they're trying to assess your ability to pay the fine currently! It would have been much worse for me as I'm actually on a good wage normally. Lucky I guess!

Wow...interesting to hear. Doesn't really make sense if they're trying to assess your ability to pay the fine currently! It would have been much worse for me as I'm actually on a good wage normally. Lucky I guess!

In the case of the first lady, she benefited too given that at the time of the initial fine, she had been at University studying for a nursing degree so her income consisted mainly of benefits and student loan. Eleven years on, she is a full time nurse.

In the case of the 2nd gentleman, his fine had only been 5 years ago and at that time, he was in his last year of employment before retiring. As he has a quite generous pension, his income then as opposed to now was in broadly in the same income bracket.

Edited by honeybee13
Advertising removed