Private street and high maintenance fee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, looking for some advice for a friend who owns a house on a private street.

They have lived there about 8/9 years and at that time they had a monthly maintenance fee for management of the communal areas of about £25. This has now risen to over £100 a month and they have just had a huge bill for repairs to some flats in the street.

Now I can understand a fee for the maintenance of the paths/ road surface/ grass etc (although this seems excessive), but surely the house owners shouldn’t be responsible for the cost of maintains the flat block as this should be down to the flat owners as leaseholders?

I have told my friend to check the wording of any contracts and told her about this site, so she may be along at some point with more information.

Thank you :)

Usual sc@m of management companies.

Tell your friend to read the lease carefully and see what's there.

Also, to take the management company to their knee he needs to request full evidence of expenditures (receipts for any work done).

They'll soon go back to the £25 monthly and if your friend keeps pushing they'll pay him off as well.

I'm in a dispute with a management company at the moment and they tried to buy my silence with a refund of 50% of last year charges, but I'm now pushing for the past 5 years.

They don't like people sticking their nose in their accounts which are all falsified.