Some advise please.. unfit for work!

**Tilly**
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2024 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have never been down this road before, i need some advise I have been signed off work from June unfit for work.

I have a long term condition that will never get any better only worse.

Today I saw my gp who has written another unfit for work note.

Everything has been crossed off and in the comments he has written...

Will never be fit to return to current work and I think she should therefore be 'retired'.

This will be the case for 3 months from 26/8/2018 to 25/11/2018.

Goes on to say will not need to assess your fitness for work again at the end of this period.

Sorry for the long explanation but it has confused me some what.

Thank you in advance

Edited by dx100uk
back to its format

Hi

This is a difficult position to be in and I can understand your concern.

Was the Employer aware of your Long Term Medical Condition at the Start of your Employment? (if not at start of Employment when were they made aware?)

How long have you been Employed with the present Employer?

The decision 'retired' on the fit for work is still only a recommendation to the employer from your GP.

(as you mentioned you have a long term condition, I assume you are under a Hospital Consultant contact them or the consultants Secretary and ask if they would be able to provide a letter confirming the GPs recommendation. A letter from a Hospital Consultant holds more weight than a GP's recommendation)

Depending on the size of your employer they may request that you have an Occupational Health Assessment.

I would also advise that you read up on the Employers Sickness & Absence policy & Capability for Work Policy (or similar worded)

I am no expert in this area so I am sure others will be along to advise.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stu thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply.Life has been a bit of a mare husband was a car crash thankfully it was

only the car that was written off.

Well as from today my employment has been terminated, as it is a nursing home which is both physical and mentaly demanding and being a senior which holds a lot of responsabilty

from meds resdidents staff etc and you have to be on the ball, its a hard job when your fit let alone unfit, so in fairness and safety to the home and my own health i agreed whole

heartedly to the decision.

So now on to the next chapter picking up my ssp1, i have been on the phone to benefits and apparantly i am entiled to claim contibution esa and they will decided i guess

which group i belong in.

ps sorry forgotton how to do quotes been a while :oops:

Thank you again

Tills