Parkdean - Refused Refund

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2037 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am hoping to get some advice on this thread.

Myself, my 2 children, my sister her 2 children and my mum all stayed at parkdean (Shurdale). it was supposed to be 4 nights but was only there for 2. We were in a 3 bedroom van.

The first night we had no sleep due to the caravan behind us.

The caravan behind was full of teenagers (No adult supervision).

They were swearing shouting and screaming till 2am.

We tried to call security repeatedly but could not get through.

Myself and my sister went out to ask them to keep the noise down twice, but this did not help matters.

The next morning, we visited reception to let them know what had happened,

they said they would investigate,

we went about our day.

I popped back into reception on our way back to the caravan to make sure the matter was dealt with and we wouldn’t have a repeat of the night before. I was assured this would not happen.

We got back to the caravan where we started to make dinner when suddenly a few loud bangs were heard.

I then realised that things were being thrown at the caravan.

My mum and sister went straight to reception to tell the staff what had happened.

They came to the caravan where the staff witnessed a fire extinguisher just outside the caravan which must have been what was thrown.

We did not feel safe and would have all driven home there and then except we had shared a bottle of wine so did not want to drive in case we were over the limit.

They agreed to move us to a different caravan but only had a two-bedroom available, we decided to suffer a tight squeeze and I said it would be fine as long as a travel cot was brought for us to use, we were promised this would be fine and the security guard would bring it for us.

We got to the 2 bedroom caravan about 6pm and I did notice there was some ant powder around the bathroom.

Not ideal but I understand ants can sometimes be a problem.

I continued to contact security until 9.30pm for the travel cot,

He finally said he couldn’t find one so instead I asked for extra duvets and pillows and was going to try and make a safe place for my sister’s baby to sleep.

I slept in the living on the pull-out bed with my 2 children 8 and 4 years old.

I was woken up a 3am with ants crawling all over me

I then spent the rest of the early hours of the morning on ant watch stopping any ants from crawling over my children.

It was vile! The floor was moving! I have video evidence on this.

My mum and sister woke up at 6am and we made our way home immediately.

Reception did not open till 9 and we weren’t waiting around in the caravan till then.

9am I rang the reception desk at parkdean and asked to speak to the manager.

I explained what had happened and he promised we would get a full refund.

I wasn’t expecting anything less.

I checked my bank account 3 weeks later and the money had not been refunded.

I rang the reception again and was told by the same manager that we wouldn’t be getting the refund as we had damaged the caravan.

Honestly, I was gobsmacked!

I asked what damage and for proof that I have never been given.

I asked why no one had contacted me to tell me this and he had no answer.

I rang customer services and started a new complaint.

went through the whole story again,

I was told I would hear from them in 7-10 days.

After 10 days rang them back and was told the case had been resolved and closed.

No one had contacted us to tell us our refund had been refused, the staff at shurdale just closed the case.

I was told that they would reopen the case as I wasn’t happy with the decision.

I waited another 10 days and received a letter in the post from Shurdales general manager again they stated they wouldn’t refund.

No justification given!

sorry for the long story but I want to now hit them with a letter before action and I have no idea where to start?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

From what you say you have an excellent case for a refund plus a reasonable amount of compensation for your loss of enjoyment. I would say that you are probably be entitled to a refund on the entire holiday in addition to the compensation.

You are talking about loss of enjoyment by quite a number of people.

You need to have a look around this forum to find out about the steps involved in bring a small claim. It's quite straightforward but you will have more confidence if you understand what you are doing.

I would suggest that you put everything done in writing initially and send them a letter of complaint. I would suggest that in your letter you point out that you are considering taking legal action and you are giving them seven days to respond before you decide your next step.

Tell them what you want – I would say that you want the refund for the entire holiday, any wasted expenses such as petrol money, compensation for time off work – any other losses. Make sure they are fully detailed and justified and keep them reasonable.

In addition to that I would suggest that you might want to tell them that you also want compensation for loss of enjoyment – say, £100 per person.

I doubt whether you will hear from them so after seven days issue your letter before claim giving them 14 days and then you will sue. If you're not prepared to go ahead and do this then don't bother to send the letter. It's not worth bluffing.

Don't mince around getting into protracted correspondence. Keep control. Set out what you want – very clearly and reasonably and then if you don't get it then take the next step that you have promised. Set the deadlines and stick to them. Don't be diverted or distracted.

Use the next seven days after you have sent the letter understanding how to begin a small claim and register for a free account with the government MoneyClaim website. Are you the person who made the contract?

https://www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk/location/kent-sussex/shurland-dale/

https://www.tripadvisor.co.nz/ShowUserReviews-g1096424-d1899490-r237698108-Parkdean_Resorts_Shurland_Dale_Holiday_Park-Eastchurch_Isle_of_Sheppey_Kent_Eng.html

As far as I can make out, on the usual review sites there are about 40% of reviews which are pretty critical of what goes on at @Parkdeanresorts

No I did not book the holiday, My mum did.

We lost my Dad very suddenly 15th May and we was hoping the trip would be a good distraction for us and the kids during the half term.

Well strictly speaking it is your mother who should begin the action and present the case in court. However, under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act, you could probably do it – but expect them to object in the first instance

They are not entitled to object. You shouldn't phone them up to ask them permission or anything else other than your full compensation. Asking them for permission immediately hands control over to them. However, it will be very funny to see if they raise an objection.

You are new here – but you had better read our customer services guide – especially in respect of making phone calls.

how did your mother pay for the holiday and when please?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

did she used her debit card number?

if so go try a chargeback to halifax

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they