*HELP* Bought a faulty car from a trader

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

This is my first post so please forgive me if I'm asking a question with a pretty simple answer!

I recently (2 weeks ago) bought a car from a trader which after taking it to a garage has been diagnosed with a few problems. Notably, front and rear springs on the drivers side are broken and the washer tank has a crack in it.

The only reason I took it to a garage was to have an oil and filter change and a general health check of the vehicle as it isn't running great at all.

Now my question is, where do I stand with the trader? I have been given different bits of advice, typically the advice contradict one another.

The quote I have received for the remedial work is just short of £300, 'should' the trader pay this for me as it was obviously like it when he sold it.

If someone could just advice me of where I stand and how to proceed it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks Mike

No you return it to the trader for repair FOC or reject it as not fit for purpose both are under the cra consumer rights act

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Make sure that your rejection is contained in a letter and which refers to your rights under the consumer rights act. Get the letter to the dealer straightaway. Send it recorded delivery – making sure that you keep a copy. Don't expect the dealer to be very helpful. Keep us informed

Hi

Thank you for your replies, I will be contacting the trader this evening informing him of the issues and cost to rectify them. I'll give him a chance to rectify the problems first? We can only deal with him over the phone as have no home address, he didn't register himself on the V5 as an owner...

you said a trader?

so he must have a registered business address

don't pay for anything yourself!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Yes he was a trader, well at least he said he was, he does currently have multiple vehicles for sale. Problem is I wouldn't know how to find his business address as i don't even know his trading name! Will have to see what response he comes back with first i suppose. Fingers crossed he's amicable...

cash in hand..got it ..quick run...before the mug comesback

and they

Very sorry to hear your plight. I'm not the sharpest tool in the box but what am I missing here??

You bought a car from a person / business neither of whom you can name, and don't have an address for.

You go on to part with money without getting some form of receipt. !!!

What am I missing???