Recently Online using a CC I bought a Tyre Pressure Management System from Fit2Go. Refusing a return!

Surfer01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2030 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Recently Online using a CC I bought a Tyre Pressure Management System from Fit2Go.

At the time I was unable to access their T&Cs etc.

the unit was delivered however it was no longer needed so I returned it the next day which was the 24th Aug.

I also emailed them to ask about the returns policy but got no answer until today.

They state; "Unfortunately we only take returns back if the item is within warranty and is faulty. Can I ask why you don’t think it will be suitable?"

I was under the impression that most stuff anything bought Online could be returned within 14 days after delivery with no questions asked. The item was returned in the original packaging.

Please advise. Thanks.

Yes of course you are right – but you have been here since 2006 so you know that.

Write them a letter, explain the law to them and tell them that you will be making a claim against the credit card company under section 75 CCA – and this is likely to affect their relationship as a credit card merchant.

Yes of course you are right – but you have been here since 2006 so you know that.

Write them a letter, explain the law to them and tell them that you will be making a claim against the credit card company under section 75 CCA – and this is likely to affect their relationship as a credit card merchant.

I have sent an email advising them that they are incorrect under CRA 2015 which now incorporates the Distance Selling Regulations. I made a mistake regarding CC as I used Paypal, not that it makes any difference how payment was made. I am unable to edit my original posting. Can it be changed?

I also have proof of signature showing that they have received back the goods yesterday.

open a paypal case that you have returned it and see what paypal do

also when you sent back you did have tracking number because if you haven't they could easily turn it around and say we not got the item

usually paypal may stick to yourside as they will know the law aswell for returns that aren't been opened

After advising them of CRA 2015 etc they have now agreed a refund once the unit has been checked by their quality control people? The boxes were not opened and I think they were sealed. Lets see what happens in the next few days!

Chased it up again this morning and they state exactly the same thing as a week ago that it has to be quality checked before a refund is issued. It seems that they do not want to issue a refund! They have had the goods over a week to inspect and as the goods were not opened why the necessity for quality checks?

PCWorld use this old chestnut to delay refunds as well. You canopen a duspute in Paypal if you wish and the funds will be frozen whilst the matter is looked into by paypal. As you have a tracking number it will be a synch as long as you opened the dispute in time.

Thanks. I have opened a disputed with Paypal. Not the easiest thing to do if you are only an occasional user and not familiar with the website and requesting a refund for returned goods. Wait and see now In guess.

• dx100uk changed the title to Recently Online using a CC I bought a Tyre Pressure Management System from Fit2Go. Refusing a return!