Appeal dvla fine

TOMMIEBOY
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys sorry if this is the wrong place but hopefully someone can help me

I sold a car on ebay to a dealer who picked the car up and filled in all the paperwork and handed me the yellow slip of the logbook telling me they were a trader so i had to send that part off.

This i did via first class mail I also cancelled my D/D for the road tax and all was good until i received a letter to say my D/D had failed and as my car was no longer taxed i was being fined £80.

So i wrote back telling the DVLA i had infact informed them as above, next i get a letter to say the fine stands unless i appeal which i did. I appealed on the grounds i sent away the log book and cancelled my D/D and included the receipt for the sale of the car, also proof that i changed my insurance over to my new car and the receipt for the new road tax on my new car.

My appeal was rejected on the grounds that while i considered that i had fulfilled my legal obligation by course of post under section 7 of the interpretations act 1978 DVLA consider it is not enough for a registered keeper to just state that they are compliant.

They then go on to say there is no legal liability for me to chase up an acknowledgement letter and they accept that however its a legal requirement that i ensure the car is taxed.

So they have given me 5 days to pay the fine or take further action and they consider the matter closed.

So is there anything i can do ?? thanks

I find that being bull**** that's like saying if you sold a car you cant untax it unless you defo know they have put tax on it wtf

if that's the case everyone wont be wanting to sell a car as they be scared of a fine

best bet contact cab or ring dvla complaints see what they say and record the call

aw lawd he's back

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you