Euro car park, PCN, 14/08/18. Browncross Street car park, Salford, Manchester

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2032 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All.

The SIP and Euro carpark are both right next to each other. I bought a Sip ticket on my first day parking and parked in the euro car park side.

Was parked here for 5 days. Made this mistake on the Monday. Then bought 4 Euro car park tickets for 15,16,17,18 of August.

I have retained the ticket for all 5 days.

It's a confusing area to park.

The Euro car park is on the left of the big Sip car park. This is where I parked.

Google maps location link: edit. won't let me paste link.

1 Date of the infringement (Date of event 14/08/2018)

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 04/08/2018

3 Date received. (Date issued is 21/08/2018).

4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012? [y/n?] n

5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Photos of number plates on entry and exit

6 Have you appealed? {y/n?] post up your appeal]

Have you had a response? [Y/N?] post it up

7 Who is the parking company? Euro Car parks

8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Browncross Street, Salford, Manchester.

sip.PNG

Edited by nogymguy

can you check your dates above please

not making sense

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

[quote=nogymguy;5143054

1 Date of the infringement (Date of event 14/08/2018)[/b]

2 Date on the NTK [this must have been received within 14 days from the 'offence' date] 04/09/2018

3 Date received. (Date issued is 21/08/2018).

I hope this makes sense. The letter received states:

Date of Event: 14/08/2018

Date Issed: 21/08/2018

Date to pay within 14 days: 04/09/2018.

pos up the NTK with your personal details and any ref codes or barcodes removed. We can then see what it is they say you have done wrong and see if it matches with the contract offered by the signage.

we will als need to see some decent pictures of the signage at the entrance to both car aprks and also what is written on the ticket machines. make sure that you label the images correctly.

I have attached the parking charge notice.

Will get the pictures of the car park tomorrow.

I have updated PCN and scanned the back of it in.

Can also use a scanner to scan it but easier to take a picture, edit and convert to pdf.

As the form is filling all my pictures in various different angles, I have attached a PDF instead that has all these pictures.

Was going to upload to imgur.com but I need 10 posts to be able to post link.

Hope they help.

docs1.pdf

thread tidied

posts merged

pdf merged to one and reduced in size from 35Mb to 6Mb

thanks for uploading them

we don't like using hosting sites as it forces people on limited speed connections or paying for mobile data to view large pix by default.

the experts should be around tomorrow

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I would imagine that you are not the first person to have done that. It is a shame that each company could not make a transfer between themselves when it happens.

AS that is not going to happen we will have to look at where their signage etc does not enable them to form a contract with you.

The most obvious one in your situation is whether the Council have granted them planning permission for their signs under the Town & Country [Advertisements] Act and also whether they are permitted the use of ANPR cameras. If no PP then they should not even have notices there let alone issuing tickets. [by the way they do mention POFA on their NTK.]

Don't go thinking it is a long shot as most of these companies do not bother to contact the Council at all.

You want the Planning department-some Councils post up the applications submitted on line. You can write or email them and ask if PP has been permitted and also ask about ANPR being granted too.

You want to ask if the Notices in the car park have been granted planning permission under the Town and Country [Advertisements} Regulations 2007.

You want the Planning department-some Councils post up the applications submitted on line. You can write or email them and ask if PP has been permitted and also ask about ANPR being granted too.

You want to ask if the Notices in the car park have been granted planning permission under the Town and Country [Advertisements} Regulations 2007.

I tried to find a contact number but it feels like a long process.

I currently have the SIP ticket for Monday (when this fine happened).

I also euro car park ticket for Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri which I can attach as proof.

It was also the first time I had parked in a Euro car park.

How do I mention the above coherently in an appeal?

Please see my current appeal below:

*PCN number*

To whom it may concern,

Thank you for taking into account my appeal. I am appealing on the basis that the alleged contravention did not occur because of contradictory signage. Though the ticket is the result of an alleged Parking Charge Notice, I argue that the signs failed to adequately inform me of the regulations. I believe that because two signs conveyed alternate instructions, the rules of parking on Browncross Street were unclear.

Therefore, I argue that no offence has been committed (as required by as required by Schedule 6 of Traffic Signs Regulations 1994 and under the Road Traffic Act of 1991). I arrived and intended to park lawfully. However, when I observed the two signs, the following contrast immediately became clear: Sign 1 had the following implication: Sign states "SIP car park" so I was misled and purchased the SIP ticket Yet, sign 2 had the following implication: The Euro Car park sign is facing away from the road and not visible As the first sign was near the second (Far enough to cause a confusion between two car parks), the contrast between these two instructions prevented me from making an informed decision about how to act.

For this reason, I assert that liability for this penalty charge notice should be removed. I believe that the court should exercise fairness in cancelling a ticket that, according to the guidance, is perfectly justified to be cancelled. I will, of course, endeavour to avoid this again, but I feel that the issue of a ticket is an unlawful action inconsistent with precedent. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thank you"

Thanks guys.

you will get nowhere with that, even saying it is a penalty charge will make them rub their hands in glee.

If you feel you must say something a simpler letter would say "Dear Sirs, your signage is too crap to be considered to offer a contract so I cant owe you money for breaching somehting that doesnt exist".

You can save the rest for when they have spent their £15 on DCAlink3.gif threatograms and decide to threaten you with court in the hope you are frightened enough to pay up

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

you will get nowhere with that, even saying it is a penalty charge will make them rub their hands in glee.

If you feel you must say something a simpler letter would say "Dear Sirs, your signage is too crap to be considered to offer a contract so I cant owe you money for breaching somehting that doesnt exist".

You can save the rest for when they have spent their £15 on DCAlink3.gif threatograms and decide to threaten you with court in the hope you are frightened enough to pay up

I paraphrased your sentences on no contract being made and sent two lines as my appeal with no evidence. Let's see. Appealed via online.

Parking companies don't do "Mr Nice Guy", they also have no morals so when a motorist doesn't comply with their parking regulations they get a ticket. And they will not quash that ticket until they have frightened the life out of the recipient hoping that they will pay up before the charges go up even more.

Is there a way to stop them? Yes ignore them to begin with and collect all the information you can on where they have gone wrong . You then write telling them why you are not going to pay and what you say about them is not something that they would want repeated in Court [because it would be true]. So if they can't take you to Court and you're not going to pay they move on to another motorist.

It is simple but it takes time. So whatever you say initially is unlikely to stop them pursuing you and it runs the danger [as your first attempt would have] of confirming that you were the driver which is why we advise ignoring them. It is just a waste of time on your part. In addition a letter to them often indicates that the person is worried and would rather pay up than go to Court which is why Ericsbrother's letter was strong. That letter would have put them on notice that getting money after that would not be easy.

You say that you "paraphrased" the letter. I do hope that you didn't water it down or use the word "I" in it or you will start to get all the debt collectors under the sun writing to you expecting you to pay them.

Now with regards to finding out if they have planning permission or not is very important. If they don't have it their signs are illegal and cannot form a contract with you. End of. That is what you should be doing-finding reasons why there is no need for you to pay rather than writing to a bunch of crooks who would not even cancel a ticket issued to their granny.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras