Amazon refund

HomerRamone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone can tell me where I stand.

I bought a projector from Amazon recently. When it arrived it turns out its no use as its ultra short throw. No use to replace the one I had so I returned it as "not useful for intended purpose"

Refund process was easy to initiate - ive returned stuff before and had no problem.

However in this case they wanted to collect the item using Hermes. Hermes collected the item next day. (Which was Thursday).

So far so good.

Come the following Tuesday ive heard nothing back to say its been received. I can see from the tracking info that it shows as being collected but that's it.

So I went to chat. The long and short was they apologised but said they generally need to have the item back as its a high value item. However, they said they would trigger a refund all the same and it would be processed within 48 hrs.

2 days later still nothing, so back onto chat. Basically they gave me the exact same patter. I pointed out they said the same thing 2 days earlier and promised then it would be resolved. And that I had the chat transcript of the conversation.

After over an hour haggling with them I ended up no further forward. We need the item back and thats that.

I took the barcode from the return label and checked the Hermes site. They say as of Sunday it was on its way back. But its friday now - and its still not back.

I asked how long im meant to wait - and what happens in the event a week from now its still not back - what if the courier loses it for example.

Apparently that never happens. (Which I guess explains why theres a "lost parcel" section on the hermes site.

Surely I'm not meant to wait indefinitely ?

I've used amazon a lot in the last few years, but one thing is certain - im not buying anything expensive on there again after this fiasco.

Thanks in advance.

When will I get my refund?

Usually within 2-3 weeks of returning your order. After we receive and process your return, it may take 5-7 business days for your refund to display on your payment card statement.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/orc/returns/homepage.html/ref=orc_surl_ret_hp?fg=1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread