Appliancesdirect-poor installation **WON** old appliance still here - can i dispose of it?***Resolved***

scaniaman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a washing machine from Appliancesdirect and it failed to work properly from day1.

A few days later I read the Trouble Shooting guide in the handbook.

It suggested the fault was a shortage of water getting to the machine.

I reported this to AD and their advisors agreed it looked like a faulty installation problem and they would get their carrier to come and check it out.

Their carrier, Arrow XL ,did the installation.

After many phone calls @13p/minute, and emails, I was informed that Arrow would send someone out the next day to check the machine.

This failed to happen and no phone call to advise job was cancelled.

After complaining further to AD, and asking that they honour the Consumer Protection Act they still failed to respond.

I formally rejected the machine and an advisor informed me they certainly would not uplift it.

They now stonewall me.

This firm are trading outside consumer laws of this country and there appears no fiscal organisation to tackle them.

Trading Standards don't want to know.

I seriously advise anyone looking to buy electronic gadgets or Air Con to thoroughly check out their intended supplier first.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

take them to court you'd win handsdown

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

cant you get them under cra?

or do a chargeback?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

click CRA short term right to reject

as this was an online order you can reject it for no reason within 14 days and must be given a full refund

if you reported the product faulty or not fit for purpose within 30 days the same applies - full refund

and they

Hang On, back to the first post. The machine might not be faulty. Lack of water getting to the machine might be many things, poor installation, poor plumbing, or a faulty machine.

You need to verify what is wrong first.

H

44 years at the pointy end of the motor trade. :eek:

GARUDALINUX.ORG

Garuda Linux comes with a variety of desktop environments like KDE, GNOME, Cinnamon, XFCE, LXQt-kwin, Wayfire, Qtile, i3wm and Sway to choose from.

If you read my post you would see that the distribution company were supposed to come and check the installation.

This would cover most items you mention.

Since we know the water supply from the mains is OK, that leaves the possibility of something like a kinked hose from mains to machine, or hose partially squeezed behind the machine. According to the makers the only other possibility is the water filter being partially blocked.

If I lodge a warranty claim, and the makers send out an engineer, I will be liable for a hefty charge if installation is found to be at fault and not the machine. Therefore it is common sense to check out fitting first as this is the most likely source of the problem.

• 1 month later...

How do I stand legally, and what action should I take to resolve the following issue.

Bought washing machine which didn't work properly.

Rejected it and claimed under section 75 ???.

Money returned to my account fairly promptly, but Credit Card company said the seller had 45 days to raise a counter claim / dispute.

This 45 days has now elapsed, so what action should I undertake now to remain within the law .

TIA

none.

simply offer the machine to be collected whenever they wish at their cost as long as it doesn't incur you further detriment..i'e time off work to await promised collection.

if it does then you are entitled to bill them the consequential losses for being unreasonable...

and they

is this your AO debacle?

and they

Appliances Direct: https://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/

Go to the bottom of the above link and I quote:

Appliances Direct are part of the Buy It Direct Group; Reg. No. 04171412

Note: "Buy It Direct Group" Company Number 04171412

Also on that link above click on their Terms & Condition (bottom of webpage under "Order Info") see what you get displayed (do you see T&C?) take a screenshot as evidence.

Buy It Direct Ltd

Unit A Trident Business Park

Leeds Road

Huddersfield

West Yorkshire

HD2 1UA

Company Number: 04171412

Previous Company Names: EASY COMPUTERS LIMITED Period: 02 Mar 2001 - 31 Mar 2009

Managing Director: Mr Nicholas Harvey Glynne Appointed: 2nd March 2001

Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/04171412

Endole: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/04171412-buy-it-direct-ltd

Opencorporates: https://opencorporates.com/companies/gb/04171412

Edited by stu007

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

they havent disputed the claim for a refund so all you have to do is make their goods available for collection. Both parties have to be reasonable over this so they cant insist that you stay in so they can collect it on only a given day and you cant insist they collect only on a friday after you get back from the pub.

No, Appliances Direct. My own idea was to email them and say I have goods belonging to them on my premises. Please arrange uplift within the next 7 days or goods will be disposed off without further financial implications for me.

Don't know if this would be legal hence asking my legal position.

no you shouldn't do that sadly.

dx

and they

sorry I meant AD...

I have merged the threads and added to the title and placed it in the general legal forum .

dx

and they

If under law, I am required to keep this machine pending their uplift, then what degree of protection am I required to provide ??

If I leave it out in my back yard and it deteriorates due to the weather, who is responsible?

The interior space within my house does not permit indoor storage.

In addition, I shall know within a fortnight if I have to go into hospital for a spell.

• 2 weeks later...

Up Date.

AP finally e-mailed me to say they would collect on 2nd of this month.

I replied stating it would be better / more cost effective for them just to re install machine.

No reply---

just a barrage of e-mails from an outfit called Panther Group saying they would uplift between 2--4pm on Friday.

This was despite the fact I replied to them saying no one at home on Friday.

I sent 6 e-mails reiterating this.

Their driver phoned to confirm uplift and I told him the story.

The upshot is they are going to uplift on Monday but not happy I told them they would have to un install themselves as I'm not fit to move the machine.

Just have to wait and see what Monday brings !!!!!!

Well, Monday has come and nearly gone.

More emails from Panther regarding uplift time at 1.30pm.

By 3 o' clock no one appeared so I emailed them-

--again no response--

-tried phoning-

--again no call back.

By means foul or fair I got a drivers number and was told there had been a mix up of rounds that morning.

One email at 4.05 said they would be here at 10pm, quickly followed by another saying they would be in touch about another uplift date.

It seems Appliancesdirect have a knack of using naff transport firms.

Buy It Direct

Mr James Rigg

Customer Service Director

Email: [email protected] (No Spaces)

ceoemail: https://www.ceoemail.com/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You aint not never gonna believe this-

--The Panther van had it's tyres slashed during the night and Mc Connachies (pert of AC !!!) could not repair it timeously (in this day & age)

They didn't see fit to hire a van for the day??

So, next morning AO delivered my new machine --

-great, and the guys agreed to remove the faulty machine.

Ah Ha, new machine was badly damaged when packaging removed, so had to be taken away.

Eventually, a subby of Panthers came to uplift the faulty machine, and were not happy chappies when told to uninstall.

One guy phoned his boss to see if insured to do this work??

then phoned again to say water not turned off-

--he didn't know it was shut off at a valve.

You couldn't make this up could you!!!!!!

AO is bringing another new machine on Friday -

--just have to wait & see what state this is in when unpacked.

So we have just to wear our manky clothes for a few days-

---but worse--

-Wife can't have a bath as Fife Council don't have the funding to send a social worker out to bathe her since she became disabled.

Anyone want to know the real meaning of hassle & stress ????

believe all above, what has this country so called trades people come to i.e. over charge then under health & safety cannot do this/that/the other, this is nonsense = carry on and there will be no hope for the country - let alone Joe Public, sorry cannot open my door because a fly might land on your hand.

Anyone want to know the real meaning of hassle & stress ???? get in line and do not jump the Queue! ????

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

And so it came to pass, and the white van men arrived unannounced as I was having breakfast. This time they call themselves Expert Logistics.

They unpack a beautiful black washing machine and bring into house, whereupon the young lad set about installation.

There has been a lot of crossing of fingers and touching of wood, but it appears that, at long last I have a new washing machine that actually works as it should.

Hope it doesn't break down as I am informed a call out charge is £119 !!!!!

no it wont cost that if it is faulty..not your problem CRA covers you.

and they