Attachment of earnings ordered on ex! Urgent help needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2044 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am in desperate need of some advice please.

Up until Christmas my debt was in control but over Christmas I split with my husband and things have become hard.

Today I received 2 attachment of earnings orders from the council applied to my estranged husband.

This is going to cause me a whole load of issues with him and none pleasant.

Can I appeal this or even have this attached to my earnings.

He gets paid in 3 weeks so I don't have long to sort this out.

I am petrified as the relationship ended on bad terms.

If you have split and the attachments are to his salary...why do you wish to appeal it ?

Perhaps a little history of the CTAX debt would be helpful.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

If you have split and the attachments are to his salary...why do you wish to appeal it ?

Perhaps a little history of the CTAX debt would be helpful.

Andy

As I said the relationship ended on bad terms and this included violence. The arrears arose after the break up.

I want to appeal it as I fear for my safety it's really that simple.

The amount owed is £499 from last year and £1400 from this year including charges.

I informed the council of the separation when arrears started but he is still apparently named on the account.

As I said the relationship ended on bad terms and this included violence. The arrears arose after the break up.

I want to appeal it as I fear for my safety it's really that simple.

The amount owed is £499 from last year and £1400 from this year including charges.

I informed the council of the separation when arrears started but he is still apparently named on the account.

Given the circumstances surrounding the breakup, and your quite obvious fear for your safety, I would strongly suggest that you call the council.

Regarding your comment that you wish to 'appeal', this would seem to be difficult given that the council tax account had been in your ex partners name.