style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2064 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friend has just got a bailiff final notice letter through his door on Monday but it is for his son. Or should I say, His son business. His sons registered business address is at his dads’ home. So, I have assured him that as long as you don’t open the door the bailiff cannot enter your property as it is a private dwelling belonging to him and not his son and they cannot drill the locks either, it’s just a bluff to get you to open the door and pay someone else debt

The final notice just says client XXXXX borough council. For the value of £423. I have spoken to the son who has no recollection of anything form the council or anything from the courts. Now heres is the thing. It only take a second to enter the sons company name in google to see where his work place is but to get to his unit they would have to cross over someone else land.

His dad is worried that they may go to this unit and take his work tools which would stop him from working and earning a living. While they sort this out. His sons company is limited business.

Both are very nervous of calling the bailiff so I have offered to call on their behalf. But some help from you guys would be great, the more knowledge I have the better.

It says on the notice they will be back one morning this week. The normal BS to remove goods. Since it’s the council it’s either a parking ticket or business rates. His rates are paid by DD so it must be parking ticket. He is happy to pay for a parking ticket but they have added there fees on top. what is the best way of getting this back to the original charge assuming it is a ticket.

Edited by Andyorch
Paras

My friend has just called me because someone has told him that because his son has used his dad address to register his business they can force entry although its a private dwelling. he said that he didn't know that the business was registered at his address only that the business mail came to his house because his son stays there a few nights a week. he thought it was because it was easier to pick up his mail while he was there.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

First thing to do, you or the person involved needs to find out exactly what the debt is for. No hearsay or rumours. Call the bailiff and find out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

My friend has just got a bailiff final notice letter through his door on Monday but it is for his son. Or should I say, His son business.

The final notice just says client XXXXX borough council. For the value of £423. I have spoken to the son who has no recollection of anything form the council or anything from the courts. Now heres is the thing. It only take a second to enter the sons company name in google to see where his work place is but to get to his unit they would have to cross over someone else land.

He is happy to pay for a parking ticket but they have added there fees on top. what is the best way of getting this back to the original charge assuming it is a ticket.

As the debt is £423, it is almost certainly an unpaid penalty charge notice. You mention that the son claims not to know anything about this debt. If so, he needs to be making enquiries as to the address where all previous notices had been sent to. Has he for instance moved address in the last year or so? If so, did he return his V5C (Log Book) to DVLA to have the address amended?

If he did not receive any previous notices then he can consider whether he has ground to submit an out of Time witness statement to the Traffic Enforcement Centre. If accepted, all bailiff fees (of £310) will be removed and the local authority will send him a new Penalty charge notice allowing him to pay the charge at the earlier discounted rate.