Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Paco Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Oct 2006

Default 8% interest charge

Hello all,
    Have been trying to claim back charges from Bank of Scotland and have went thru the process of initial letter and then the lbaicon. The bank have now came back (after the usual offer of goodwill,.... which I refused) to say that the aren’t going to repay me the charges, therefore am filling up the court claim.
    Quick question tho…
    At the initial spreadsheet stage (from the template) I charged 3% interest on each charge. This gave me a “total claimed”. Do I now take 8% of this “total claimed” and add this amount to the “total claimed”, or do I change the 3% interest rate calc initially done to 8%

Thanks loads,
    Paco

Similar Threads:

Banned Karnevil

Cagger since : Apr 2006

Default User is banned

User is banned, content is deleted automatically.

Basic Account Holder
    Paco Novitiate

Default Re: 8% interest charge

"The first interest rate is for interest on unlawfully deducted items up to the date of service. You can use almost any rate you see fit, or are brave enough to claim, i.e. 2% above base rate, 8%, contractual rate, etc. Obviously you may have to justify the rate you use in court."

Used the above working each as 3% above base rate. Used and attached to the lbaicon the schedule provided in the templates, obviously not including the spiel above. Also used the LBA template modifying it only where needed.

Basic Account Holder
    Paco Novitiate

"The first interest rate is for interest on unlawfully deducted items up to the date of service. You can use almost any rate you see fit, or are brave enough to claim, i.e. 2% above base rate, 8%, contractual rate, etc. Obviously you may have to justify the rate you use in court."

Used the above working each as 3% above base rate. Used and attached to the lbaicon the schedule provided in the templates, obviously not including the spiel above. Also used the LBA template modifying it only where needed.

cheers

Basic Account Holder
    LondonPam Novitiate

Cagger since : May 2006

As far as I am aware you can only add the interest at the court stage and it should be 8%, you shouldn't have both.

Pam.

If anything I've said helps you then please feel free to tip my scales!
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Paco Novitiate

Thanks loads.... have done this and am now filing my court claim. Let battle commence !

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details